Where does Tim Anderson's FOD walk-off rate in Sox homer lore?

VAfan

Where does Tim Andersons FOD walk-off HR rate in all-time Sox lore?   

80 members have voted

1. 1. Which HR blast was the best?

• Tim Anderson FOD -- not just the most recent, perhaps the best ever
    • Tadahito Iguchi -- 2005 playoffs against Boston capped 5 run 5th inning
    • Scott Podsednik walk off against Houston in 2005 World Series against Brad Lidge
    • Geoff Blum HR in 3rd game of 2005 WS to put Sox in lead in 13th inning
    • Jim Thome blast in AL Central tiebreaker game against Minnesota - only run in 1-0 game
    • Paul Konerko grand slam in 2005 WS - same game where Pods hit the walk-off

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/29/2021 at 04:00 AM

Just now, wegner said:

I still gotta go with Blum.  Scotty Pods a close 2nd just because they were in the WS.

Reason I don't go with Blum is because the game wasn't over. We still had to get 3 outs. Scotty's was... let's go home folks, that's all she wrote.

I think I might have Konerko slam ahead of Blum too, but I was at game 2 so it has a special place in my heart.

As exciting and dope as TA's walk-off was, this was just a regular season game. So maybe the most memorable *regular season* moment ever but the HRs in the World Series all rate above it by default. My vote was for Pods, *nobody* would've predicted that at the time

I was at the blackout game, but I have to go Paulie. It was Game 2 of the WS, and the Sox were down. Pods was great, but the game could have ended in a different way later that inning or in extras. 

Regular season? Tim’s is up there. Hell, that was a baseball classic last night; not just White Sox.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Reason I don't go with Blum is because the game wasn't over. We still had to get 3 outs. Scotty's was... let's go home folks, that's all she wrote.

I think I might have Konerko slam ahead of Blum too, but I was at game 2 so it has a special place in my heart.

Excellent point on Scotty's...however that extra inning game was terrific how it ended with Buehrle getting the save.

Not a home run, but I put Crede's huge hit to end the dropped 3rd strike game against Boston up there as well.  Probably also because I was there. :D

I was on vacation with my family during the WS in 2005. I had the game on and they all went to sleep. I was watching intently. What a brutal 1st game that was. Highs and lows. Then Pods gets up, hasn't hit a homer all year, unleashes that homer in that situation. Unreal. I lost my shit. I screamed so loud and woke everyone up. I didn't care. My team was in the World Series for the first time in my life. What a moment. I'll never forget it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

TA7's walkoff is definitely a strong contender for best regular season home run, but there are levels to this shit, and most major home runs in the playoffs are going to beat even the best regular season homers.

On  a personal note, I went with Blum's 13th inning homerun. It has always had a special place in my heart for a weird reason - it was the only one I didn't see. I was only 11 in '05, and despite my Dad's best efforts, he eventually lost the argument with my Mom around the 11th and I was sent to bed (it was a school-night).... only to come flying down the stairs when I heard my parents erupt into cheers during that HR. At that point, they would have had to physically pick me up and carry me away from the TV, so I saw the bottom of the 13th, but I've never let them forget that they made me miss that moment. At the same time, missing it has built it up to an even more mythical status in my mind.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mqr said:

It's an all time great regular season moment for sure. It would close out a rework of the pirates of the caribbean thing. 

I'm not a jersey guy at all but I'm going to try and get my hands on a TA throwback

Actually, was going to start a sepereate thread but if we aren't going to the game tomorrow where they are giving away the jerseys as promos, anyone have an idea how we can get our hands on these?  I want one of them badly.

5 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Not much outside t-shirts. The merch lines were well over an hour long. That was one thing they did not do well

Yep, there wasn’t much outside of t-shirts I could see at the merchandise stands. 

I really wanted to buy stuff, but each merchandise stand was an hour+ long so it wasn’t tenable. 

I got food fairly quickly and parked quickly so I’ll give them credit for concessions and parking. 

1 minute ago, Colome's Hat said:

Actually, was going to start a sepereate thread but if we aren't going to the game tomorrow where they are giving away the jerseys as promos, anyone have an idea how we can get our hands on these?  I want one of them badly.

I don't see them on sale at present, but there was a line outside grandstand when I was walking to the train for work yesterday so I wonder if it was for those.