So how many times have YOU watched the replay of Anderson's walkoff

lostfan

Just hearing Lens call makes me wish he was in the booth with Stone for TV.  I know why he wanted to do radio, but man, his call there was great.  Only one that could have topped that was prime Hawk.

Only thing that I was bummed about, no good bat flip from TA.  I've watched the replay more times than I can count.  What an awesome game.

• Haha 1

Just now, soulfly said:

Just hearing Lens call makes me wish he was in the booth with Stone for TV.  I know why he wanted to do radio, but man, his call there was great.  Only one that could have topped that was prime Hawk.

Only thing that I was bummed about, no good bat flip from TA.  I've watched the replay more times than I can count.  What an awesome game.

It makes me extra excited to listen to Len call playoff baseball on the radio for the Sox.  I thought he was very good before hearing that call.  That was outstanding.  Add in DJ and his tribute to Farmio and it is damn near perfect.

• Thanks 1

Just now, wegner said:

It makes me extra excited to listen to Len call playoff baseball on the radio for the Sox.  I thought he was very good before hearing that call.  That was outstanding.  Add in DJ and his tribute to Farmio and it is damn near perfect.

Absolutely agree.  That's the best part of him being on the radio side.  The worst part of the 05 run was not hearing Hawk call it.  But man, hearing Len's call and thinking of how awful Jason calls home runs, really makes me miss Hawks calls that much more.

But in all honesty, this one was of the coolest games I've watched.  My wife didn't get why I was so excited for it.  But I will watch every one of these no matter the teams that are playing in it.

1 hour ago, wegner said:

A truly great call.  I love it.  Len with some emotion and as you said, DJ just perfect with the tribute.  Awesome.

• Love 2

3 hours ago, gusguyman said:

What? Why shouldn't he? A team had just erased a 3 run deficit in the top of the ninth on homeruns from two of the biggest star power hitters in the game. That is incredible and insane and any broadcaster should absolutely be excited in that moment, just like he was excited when Tim answered back.

Its the way he did it. 

I just watched the replay again with my five year old son. As soon as TA makes contact, my son starts cracking up and says, “That’s so funny. The catcher closes his glove every time like he’s catching the ball, but he’s not.”

The random stuff that kids will say/notice always makes me laugh. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

TA stated that he got the pitch he was looking for.  He sure did.

Watching live on TV, the crack of the bat milliseconds before he dropped it foretold the result. I wonder what that sounded like for those in the stands.

So I will watch it again, and listen again. Wish I was there but goin' tonight.

They can have other games at  that field, but they would lack the significance that this one had, and I doubt Kostner would want to do that again and I would not blame him.  I am sure Cubs and their fans will run there for a game next year but it just won't be the same.  Perhaps MLB could designate a week during the season where major league teams play games at Minor league stadiums like Charlotte where, in many cases,there are better facilities, ease of access, etc.

12 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Three times, it was great but I watched Joe Crede's against the Indians when our lead was down IIRC to 1 1/5  games in 2005 probably 10 times.

If anyone knows where I can find this clip. MLB used to have it in their video archives but it’s gone now.