8/14 Sox vs Yankees - 6:10 CT first pitch

• Kalapse changed the title to 8/14 Sox vs Yankees - 6:10 CT first pitch
  • Kalapse pinned this topic

Not sure why the link from James Fegan's Twitter isn't automatically showing.

https://twitter.com/JRFegan/status/1426629929081483265

Tony La Russa said Adam Engel is getting treatment and not available today. Leury García is availabe after colliding with the fence in the ninth inning Thursday night. Andrew Vaughn just getting day off to get more lefties in lineup against Tallion.

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

The lineup sucks, his velocity is down and the ump sucks.  I beat everyone to it.  Enjoy the game.  

I think the "his velocity is down" is becoming the most annoying shit on this forum & that's saying something. Giolito has needed TJS about 29 times over the last 2 years

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I think the "his velocity is down" is becoming the most annoying shit on this forum & that's saying something. Giolito has needed TJS about 29 times over the last 2 years

To me, it's the 20 pages of posts each game bitching about strikes/balls against the TV box which may or may not be accurate, and pitch framing.

So much more enjoyable watching the game without the box like Thursday, or listening to games where they may mention something blatant but otherwise focus on the game and not the umpires, or cheating the umpires (pitch framing). Will be so happy if they automate the zone next season, let the focus be on the game itself.

15 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

To me, it's the 20 pages of posts each game bitching about strikes/balls against the TV box which may or may not be accurate, and pitch framing.

So much more enjoyable watching the game without the box like Thursday, or listening to games where they may mention something blatant but otherwise focus on the game and not the umpires, or cheating the umpires (pitch framing). Will be so happy if they automate the zone next season, let the focus be on the game itself.

I agree...if getting the call right is the important thing... then automated balls and strikes are in our best interest.  If my calculations are correct...we will be getting about 2 dozen additional calls in our favor per game.

21 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Anyone who posted earlier/last week about Vaughn sitting in favor of lefty bench bats down the stretch/in post-season is fair concern. No game yesterday, off 3 days ago and now off today.

Already miss Miguel Cairo. Hope he returns to close out the season.

OPS Last Seven Days

• Vaughn .976
  • Lamb .533
  • Goodwin .374

OPS Last Twenty Eight Days

• Vaughn .847
  • Goodwin .656
  • Lamb .533
Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1