8/14 Sox vs Yankees - 6:10 CT first pitch

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Guy said he's improved, you start a post with has he and then list how he hasn't. You claiming you were asking a legit question is hilarious.

I know reading is hard for you. I was questioning starting him in the playoffs. Is anyone on here comfortable doing that? 

1 minute ago, Sox80 said:

Yeah I don't agree with that at all. Off subject ray In your area ,first time at Gibson's . What's your opinion?

Man, I went to Ron of japan last night - but im a lobster guy there. 

Gibsons is solid - I'm not a huge steak guy but my wife loves it so try to go to the good spots.. I miss Nine. That was my spot. Its say P&P or G&G are my favorite at this point. I like the consistency of gibsons though.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Baron said:

Has he? It’s still the same issue. Loses concentration. Well great we’re only trying to win a World Series. But we have to give him a try when everyone on here knows he capable of completely losing it pitch by pitch. 

This take is just bizarre.  Dude is 25 years old and is currently 12th overall in fWAR amongst qualified starters, with a 3.36 FIP and a 66th percentile xwOBA behind it.  Yes, not everything has clicked yet, but dude has taken a massive leap and is probably the best #4 starter in baseball.  Of all the things to complain about, Dylan Cease shouldn’t be one of them.

Edited by Chicago White Sox
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Baron said:

I know reading is hard for you. I was questioning starting him in the playoffs. Is anyone on here comfortable doing that? 

Yes, im comfortable starting a guy who's gonna have between 4-5 war before the season ends, have dominate k-bb rates and look unhittable when zoned in. My only concern with cease is he may wear down with the innings load.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

This take is just bizarre.  Dude is 25 years old and is currently 12th overall in fWAR amongst qualified starters, with a 3.36 FIP and a 66th percentile xwOBA behind it.  Yes, not everything has clicked yet, but dude has taken a massive leap and is probably the best #4 starter in baseball.  Of all the things to complain, Dylan Cease shouldn’t be one of them.

Your ok with him starting in the post season? I know many last year didn’t want Lynn at the deadline with the risk of running Cease out there. Isn’t his ERA away from home close to 7? 

3 minutes ago, Baron said:

Your ok with him starting in the post season? I know many last year didn’t want Lynn at the deadline with the risk of running Cease out there. Isn’t his ERA away from home close to 7? 

I’m fine with him as our #4 starter October, but would definitely have a short leash.  I don’t disagree with some of the frustration you have for him, but he’s so much better than last year and I doubt any other team will have a better #4 option in the playoffs.  And honestly, hopefully he’s not making more than a couple starts in the playoffs anyways.