8/14 Sox vs Yankees - 6:10 CT first pitch

11 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

It's almost like... investing huge money and capital for relievers is... dumb. Who knew?

If the Cubs don’t make an investment like that a handful of years ago, they very well might not have a World Series. It’s definitely a risk, but I don’t mind it at all (mostly because I think we can find somebody to match the production Madrigal would be giving us). 

Just now, caulfield12 said:

They're going to go from overpaying (based on beating up the NL Central as a closer) to having to subsidize his contract, just like the Cubs would have had to do for 65% of his time with the Cubs...

He will get meaningful outs for the White Sox this year...whether those are for equal value to the trade and whatever we do with him will be debatable!  That said...we had 3 easy outs in the lineup tonight...which is more upsetting!  Goodwin, Lamb and Collins...why?  Our DH was hitting 8th and is/was Jake Lamb????

• Fire 1

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

This was his 7th outing for the sox. There should have been 0 chances for you to claim this weird conspiracy theory  but there's already been two. 

I worry about you thinking it's weird for someone not to post during every game. Thoughts and prayers flying your way!!!

Well you should know professor. You can read my mind. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

You can’t get a closer like him on a one year deal at his price

You can't get a 34 year old closer for 16 million? News to me. I can't think of the last reliever at that age demanding much more than that. Especially coming off 2 of 3 down years. Would he likely get more guaranteed money as a FA? Sure. But I doubt it would be at that aav.

Just now, fathom said:

They weren't the Pirates for the first few months of the season.  He was easily the best reliever in baseball before the trade.

Hey now don’t let facts get in a he way of him patting himself on the back for Kimbrel failing 

5 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

If nothing else, Vaughn's hit means that Collins bats now instead of leading off the 9th.

It’s a shame Vaughn didn’t start to get Goodwin and Lamb’s futile LH bats in the lineup, one of many reasons the Sox are amongst the worst in one run games.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

I'm old enough to remember people penciling Collins in as a DH. 😆

Hey, at least even THEN, everyone knew he had no business behind the plate. Well everyone not in the front office.

• Like 1