8/14 Sox vs Yankees - 6:10 CT first pitch

Just now, Greg Hibbard said:

I just think the Yankees have a really good offense and sometimes, even twice in a series, you get beat by a lineup of really good hitters late. That’s no reason to rush to sweeping definitive conclusions about proven players’ overall abilities. 

We're gonna be facing lineups like this in October. Liam can't be giving up 7 runs and 3 bombs to them in October in just 2 games. 

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Crochet and kopech and.. dare I say it, bummer are back and ready to dominate. Who knew that you can find bullpen help for pretty cheap contract wise. 

I didn’t know Stanton was out, which really should have allowed Bummer to pitch this inning and walk Judge.

Just now, fathom said:

They had basically minor leaguers up after Judge and Gallo.  Just stupid pitch selection this inning to go with Hendriks being a gas can.

If you walk Gallo there you walk him, don't give him a center cut fastball to crush with 2 AAA guys on deck. 

Just now, Friend of Nordhagen said:

I mean, Liam basically blew half of his save situations against us in the playoffs last year, so he's performing ahead of that stellar metric. 

He was good positioning on an Engel grounder away from being a massive goat

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

We're gonna be facing lineups like this in October. Liam can't be giving up 7 runs and 3 bombs to them in October in just 2 games. 

The Blue Jays and Red Sox also have (or can have) dominating offenses, along with the Astros.

Unless you get the A's or the Ray's, good luck.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I didn’t know Stanton was out, which really should have allowed Bummer to pitch this inning and walk Judge.

I thought about something similar. Weird to let Liam face these guys again after he just got crushed 48 hours prior.

Just now, Capn12 said:

If you're going to have 2 supposed 'elite' guys as closers, on the team, you have to be dedicated to go with the 'hot' hand, so to speak...

image.png

This, is not a 'hot hand'.

What do you mean, he’s 3-0.  😂

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Yeah, Kimbrel should be the closer. He is being used as a set up guy rn and it's not working, use him in save situations and I bet he will be much better than this idiot who gives up way too many HRs

If Hendriks and Kimbrel change places there won't be many games to save.

As many times as Kenny-Hahn has been torched by Billy Beane, I would have wondered why Beane decided to take a pass on the so-called best closer in the AL.

I wonder no more.

Edited by GradMc

Just now, GradMc said:

If Hendriks and Kimbrel change places there won't be many games to save.

As many times as Kenny-Hahn has been torched by Billy Beane, I would have wondered why Beane decided to take a pass on the so-called best closer in the AL.

They couldn’t afford him

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Also don’t forget he’s been basically 50 pct in terms of closing out a game when he enters with a one run lead.

It actually is an even better reason for why they acquired Kimbrel. I don’t blame the FO for him not being great thus far. It was the right move, especially with how Hendricks has been pitching.