8/14 Sox vs Yankees - 6:10 CT first pitch

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

They had basically minor leaguers up after Judge and Gallo.  Just stupid pitch selection this inning to go with Hendriks being a gas can.

Doesn't matter when he can't throw the slider for strikes. There's no choice but the fastball 2-0.

Just now, Tony said:

It actually is an even better reason for why they acquired Kimbrel. I don’t blame the FO for him not being great thus far. It was the right move, especially with how Hendricks has been pitching. 

Agreed, but Kimbrel should have been given closer spot.  Hendriks has a lot more set-up experience.

1 minute ago, GradMc said:

If Hendriks and Kimbrel change places there won't be many games to save.

As many times as Kenny-Hahn has been torched by Billy Beane, I would have wondered why Beane decided to take a pass on the so-called best closer in the AL.

Chad Bradford/Miguel Olivo (turned out okay, eventually, because of F.Garcia)

Trade for Nick Swisher

Trade for Samardzija

All say hi!

Well, the fortunate part of that is Beane is being leaving the sport...I guess.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Kind of like Jake Peavy was a great something (bulldog?)....from his days in SD, but we didn't see it very much with the White Sox.

Yes, Jake had his chaw and his balls and you know Kenny had a massive woody for all that. I'm sure Jake played football in high school, too, completing the universal KW chubby.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Agreed, but Kimbrel should have been given closer spot.  Hendriks has a lot more set-up experience.

Hendriks should be able to get the job done no matter what. I understand mentality of the role but this is bad

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Of course, that makes Hahn look like an idiot for giving Hendriks a historical closer's contract...then having to turn around and correct it the first season.

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Kind of like Jake Peavy was a great something (bulldog?)....from his days in SD, but we didn't see it very much with the White Sox.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Chad Bradford/Miguel Olivo (turned out okay, eventually, because of F.Garcia)

Trade for Nick Swisher

Trade for Samardzija

All say hi!

Well, the fortunate part of that is Beane is being leaving the sport...I guess.

You forget Foulke for Koch.