8/14 Sox vs Yankees - 6:10 CT first pitch

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

LMAO.  Not gonna do the unnecessary research  but there's  a good chance you at some have already bitched a storm about Leury getting ABs.

I would much rather have Leury face a LHP than Goodwin. Goodwin is arguably the worst hitter in baseball against LHP

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

After the Yankees added Rizzoli and Gallo, and getting guys back from injury, I'm not sure we are better than them. The bullpen is going to have to man all the way up because the AL teams that will make the playoffs are gonna rake. 

We are much better. Our offense is better and our SP is much better.  

Just now, 2Deep said:

Ok I'm going to 2nd guess TLR

Why pick hit zavala? Britton was struggling and had no clue of strike zone. We bailed him out by pinch hitting.  I want Collins v struggling Britton instead of a fresh arm v zavala 

yeah no one would've bitched if Collins had batted.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I would much rather have Leury face a LHP than Goodwin. Goodwin is arguably the worst hitter in baseball against LHP

You are 100% right.  It is inexcusable to let Goodwin in to face the lefty instead of pinch hitting Vaughn.  TLR has an inexplicable love affair with both Leury and Goodwin.  Goodwin D is also crappy.  He should not be in the lineup even against righties.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Colome's Hat said:

I would definitely put him in the 8th and let him do that.  He has said he's comfortable pitching in the 8th.  I don't think he is this bad but he's utterly worthless without that slider.

To this point, Kimbrel has been a closer since 2011, Hendricks since 2019. After Hendricks first half, TLR felt compelled to give Liam a shot at closing in the second half. At this point though, its time to switch. Liam is still the guy long term. But Kimbrel is a top 5 closer ever. No shame in moving for him

10 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Liam has given seven runs on three homers in less than two innings

He's been very bad of late. Must be humbling to be so rotten during this stretch. He's firing it in there and getting clobbered.

• Like 1

Just now, hankchifan said:

You are 100% right.  It is inexcusable to let Goodwin in to face the lefty instead of pinch hitting Vaughn.  TLR has an inexplicable love affair with both Leury and Goodwin.  Goodwin D is also crappy.  He should not be in the lineup even against righties.

didn't Vaughn already come in for Lamb

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Sox outplayed the Yankees tonight. Wasn't that close but sox just didn't capitalize. It happens. They play this game 10 times sox win 7+.

Yup this game sucks to lose but I’m October they have a good chance to pull it out 

Just now, FriendlyNorthsider said:

To this point, Kimbrel has been a closer since 2011, Hendricks since 2019. After Hendricks first half, TLR felt compelled to give Liam a shot at closing in the second half. At this point though, its time to switch. Liam is still the guy long term. But Kimbrel is a top 5 closer ever. No shame in moving for him

Agree.  Although I would still, maybe after this tough spell for Liam, split it for the rest of the year.  Play it by matchup.  Dude doesn't look like himself right now.  I don't know whether Thursday night got in his head but he doesn't look right.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Sox outplayed the Yankees tonight. Wasn't that close but sox just didn't capitalize. It happens. They play this game 10 times sox win 7+.

Yankees are missing 4 starters from their offense. I think they’re pretty damn dangerous.

Just now, chw42 said:

Liam is a real issue right now. Closers are weird and if they lose their confidence we may be in for a rough ride in this bullpen. 

Agreed he’s been such a letdown, home run happy and trading for Kimbrel will end up being a blessing in disguise if they put him to close

Just now, Colome's Hat said:

Agree.  Although I would still, maybe after this tough spell for Liam, split it for the rest of the year.  Play it by matchup.  Dude doesn't look like himself right now.  I don't know whether Thursday night got in his head but he doesn't look right.

Just give Kimbrel a shot. If he still struggles, then you figure out a different path. 

Just now, fathom said:

Yankees are missing 4 starters from their offense. I think they’re pretty damn dangerous.

If it wasn’t for judge they lose. They need to stop challenging the only guys who hurt them. Not sure why they are so stubborn with this

Just now, chw42 said:

Liam is a real issue right now. Closers are weird and if they lose their confidence we may be in for a rough ride in this bullpen. 

I am guessing I would be in the very low minority, but considering our division lead I would keep using him in the 9th to close games.  I truly believe confidence is an issue and the only way he will get it back is by having some success.  I am hoping we have a one run lead going to the 9th tomorrow and he pitches.

1 minute ago, RG23SoxFan said:

I am guessing I would be in the very low minority, but considering our division lead I would keep using him in the 9th to close games.  I truly believe confidence is an issue and the only way he will get it back is by having some success.  I am hoping we have a one run lead going to the 9th tomorrow and he pitches.

But why not hope Kimbrel excels as closer with Hendriks doing well as set-up?  It might not work at all, but it truly seems to be the best use of resources come the postseason if everyone plays to their potential.

• Like 1