8/14 Sox vs Yankees - 6:10 CT first pitch

Just now, chw42 said:

Cause he's good at hitting those too. Judge is just a really good hitter, but clearly not as good as we're making him look.

Right now he's on anything on the outer half.  If he's going to beat Kimbrel, it has to be on the curve.

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Cause he's good at hitting those too. Judge is just a really good hitter, but clearly not as good as we're making him look.

Agreed. But bust his ass inside with fastballs and then go away. I will take my chances.

If you hit him its not the end of the world 

1 minute ago, 2Deep said:

Our pen is a jinx.

You can put Lee Smith and rollie fingers and they would suck 

It sure as hell feels that way. We were supposed to be the best bullpen in the league with Hendriks. Now we add Kimbrel and we're somehow worse lol. 

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

because they took a career closer (who was adamant a few years ago about staying a closer) and are trying to make him a set-up man.  

I would argue the heart of the Yankees lineup would warrant your better relief pitcher/ closer. He failed just that simple. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Here we go again with the issues of taking a closer and putting him into an unfamiliar role.

Sure, it was a terrible pitch, but it's just a completely different mentality in a tie game in the 8th.

He did it in the 8th against Cleveland two weeks ago.  Judge is hitting out of this planet right now.  He made a bad pitch.  Luckily, the Yankees bullpen is a blackhole of suck right now for them.