8/14 Sox vs Yankees - 6:10 CT first pitch

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Pal you're talking about 36 freaking innings. Matt Albers has had a dominant 36 innings. Kimbrel was the best reliever in the world until 2017, and since then he's been just another really good reliever who now walks too many and is streaky. It doesn't mean he's bad by any means, and he had a great start to this year but the three years prior still count. He's not a bum but he's not consistently the guy he was for 36 innings this year anymore. 

He’s a near certain HoF reliever.  He wasn’t good in a partial 2019 season after missing spring training and wasn’t good in the 1H of a shortened 2020 season in a year where nothing was normal, but has been elite since then.  You are literally overreacting to a bad 30 game stretch and it’s absolutely ridiculous.  For someone I consider to be one of the smartest posters on this board, I literally can’t fathom how you can’t connect these dots, even if I respect your view that we overpaid for him.

Just now, RG23SoxFan said:

Wonder if there is any whining and bitching on the Padres message board lol

They're just waiting for Tatis to come back and save the season, perhaps tomorrow.  The starting pitching is falling apart, but the Reds haven't played much better this past week so they're still clinging to a 2 1/2 game lead.   At some point, Votto will cool down, in theory.

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Looks like the bats went to bed after Judge's homer. 

I understand why everyone is focused on Kimbrel/pitching but what's really disappointing is that we only scored 3 runs when we had so many opportunities.

• Like 1