8/15/21- Yankees @ White Sox- GT

soxfan49

27 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Lets wash out the taste of last night with a series win today. Would be huge for the psyche of the club. I want an offensive blowout from the good guys today. 

Winning the series would feel really good!  Especially after not getting any clutch hits last night (other than Jose's 9th inning HR...that was quickly overshadowed by LIam's implosion)!  

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

From MLB Baseball Press:

1. Tim Anderson (R) SS
2. Cesar Hernandez (S) 2B
3. Jose Abreu (R) 1B
4. Eloy Jimenez (R) LF
5. Andrew Vaughn (R) RF
6. Yoan Moncada (S) DH
7. Luis Robert (R) CF
8. Danny Mendick (R) 3B
9. Seby Zavala (R) C

Cesar shouldn’t be second right now, he’s looked awful in this series. 

30 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

I'd bat Hernandez 5th vs RHP until Grandal gets back to get some lefty power right behind Eloy. I'd bat Vaughn 5th vs LHP.

Cortes is a LHP. Hernandez is much more powerful vs LHP. I like this lineup today.

5 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Cortes is a LHP. Hernandez is much more powerful vs LHP. I like this lineup today.

Forgot about that. Yeah, vs LHP, Hernandez 2nd and Vaughn 5th is probably the best option. Wouldn't be against Moncada 2nd and Hernandez 6th though.

44 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

The lineup sucks, the ump sucks, his velo is down, LaRussa should have used the other guy.  

The bullpen sucks, Gio had nothing, the catcher has no idea how to call a game, and the Sox have no cluch hitters. This thread is OVA.

Edited by Dick Allen

Last nights game was very disappointing because of how we lost.

1-12 with RISP

No patience at the plate in key moments against depleted Yankees pen

Our 2 main guys in the pen getting shelled. This is the biggest issue.

But today is a new day with a chance to win the series v a good team with our should be ACE on the mound v minor league pitcher. Have to win this game 

29 minutes ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

I hope Gio can get his slider working today or it's going to be a loooonnnnngggg afternoon.  Yankees will be sitting dead red and let the changeups go.

That’s not really how it works. If the Yankees are sitting dead red, they will be swinging and missing on a lot of change ups. It’s not like the batters can pick up whether it’s a fastball or change up out of Lucas’ hand. 

But I do agree that it’s imperative to get his slider going, especially against good offenses. 

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic