Hitting with RISP

CentralChamps21

It seems like this team really sucks at hitting with RISP, so I looked at the stats. For the season the Sox are actually 4th in MLB with RISP with a .267 AVG.

Then I looked at the last 30 days and the Sox are 27th in MLB with a .231 AVG.

Not sure if last 30 days is just an anomaly or a reason to be concerned but those are the numbers, and yes, I used AVG instead of OPS because with RISP you're really looking for hits and not quite as concerned about SLG.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wegner said:

This offense is extremely streaky...if they are cold come playoff time, they will be in trouble.  Pitching should keep them in games so if the offense is going well, they can beat anyone in a series.

Hopefully, the offense will be there in the playoffs. I still have nightmares of 1983 playoffs when the Sox scored three runs in four games and went down rather meekly to the Orioles.

2 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

Hopefully, the offense will be there in the playoffs. I still have nightmares of 1983 playoffs when the Sox scored three runs in four games and went down rather meekly to the Orioles.

I still hate Tito Landrum.

2 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

It seems like this team really sucks at hitting with RISP, so I looked at the stats. For the season the Sox are actually 4th in MLB with RISP with a .267 AVG.

Not sure if last 30 days is just an anomaly or a reason to be concerned but those are the numbers, and yes, I used AVG instead of OPS because with RISP you're really looking for hits and not quite as concerned about SLG.

Vaughn - 8 Left on Base in the two losses to the Yankees.

Somebody other than Eloy, Abreu or TA has to get it done when it's crunch time.

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

2000 wasn't much better, and that had been a powerhouse offense the first half.  Nightmares about Carlos Guillen.  But they were never realistically in that series with their pitching on fumes.

25 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

If WBWSF was GM, he could undoubtedly swing a deal for Vladdy, Jr.

If I was the White Sox GM I would have never traded Madrigal. If Moncada doesn't hit the rest of the season he wouldn't be on the team in 2022.  This is his 2nd year where he hasn't hit. I really don't think he would bring back much in a trade.

3 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Variance can be a b****.

And yes, the 30 days is merely a product of statistical variance. It will even out. The sox will hit with RISP similarly to what they hit regularly over any extended period.

18 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Vaughn hit a homer today lol. I get that this is a bit by you now, but its still really dumb.

Yes, Vaughn hit a solo home run.  Zavala hit a two run home run in the series... so what?

This post is about runners left on base. 

Pooled ignorance on Soxtalk continues. Just attack a poster instead of responding to the thread.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tray said:

Yes, Vaughn hit a solo home run.  Zavala hit a two run home run in the series... so what?

This post is about runners left on base. 

Pooled ignorance on Soxtalk continues. Just attack a poster instead of responding to the thread.

I know it feels personal,  yet eventually you should wonder why it feels like it happens so often.

Hint: It's your content. 

Everybody in MLB is trying to hit a home run every at bat so it's difficult to be effective hitters with RISP. The odds of hitting a home run in at bat are miniscule, same for RISP because of the desire to homer.

Edited by greg775

9 hours ago, greg775 said:

Everybody in MLB is trying to hit a home run every at bat so it's difficult to be effective hitters with RISP. The odds of hitting a home run in at bat are miniscule, same for RISP because of the desire to homer.

This. During the same 30-day period, the Sox lead the majors in HRs.