8/16 Games

BamaDoc

I'm back after vacation last week - thanks @BamaDoc for keepin' on.

I'm a bit interested in Homer Cruz. He was competent in DSL a few years ago where he was 19. He K'd about 1 an inning and didn't have insane walks which in DSL basically makes you Cy Young.

He was atrocious in Kanny to start the year but a lot were, and now in rookie ball he's done this in a small sample:

26.1 IP, 1 GS, 2.05 ERA and 39 Ks to 12 BBs.

Was hopin he'd get tried out again in Kanny but not yet. Wonder what his stuff looks like now and if that pitching studio or whatever in AZ helped him.

• Like 1

is that a wilfred veras granny?

One thing I've been wondering is if the competition level in ACL is higher than our expectations. This year most have struggled much more, but it also has a lot more college players than in the past where pioneer leagues usually sucked them up.

Used to be succeeding in ACL meant pretty little, but now it may be a much better indicator they can handle the kanny jump. Just some thoughts. 

Colson hasn't shown much of that present power, but I've been impressed by how he's limited strikeouts. In his first 27 Pas, just 4 strikeouts to 3 walks (14%).

Kath has been able to show off more XBH but to this point, but has 12 Ks in 27 PAs (44%).

The good news for me, in this thread where I talk to myself, is I like a lot when young players show game power at young ages. But I also like when young players avoid high strikeouts. 

Put em together though, and you got yourself a stew.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bmags said:

Colson hasn't shown much of that present power, but I've been impressed by how he's limited strikeouts. In his first 27 Pas, just 4 strikeouts to 3 walks (14%).

Kath has been able to show off more XBH but to this point, but has 12 Ks in 27 PAs (44%).

The good news for me, in this thread where I talk to myself, is I like a lot when young players show game power at young ages. But I also like when young players avoid high strikeouts. 

You might be talking to yourself, but I’m definitely listening and appreciate your input. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bmags said:

I’ve been more impressed by the lack of significant errors by the two