Engel to IL (Again), Foster down, Burr/Wright Up. Burdi DFA

Capn12

• Capn12 changed the title to Engel to IL (Again), Foster down, Burr/Wright Up. Burdi DFA
9 minutes ago, pcq said:

Another failed draft pick.

There are plenty of these in MLB. In NFL if you have a failed 1st round pick it's a pretty big deal, but in baseball, they happen about 75% of the time it seems. Probably even higher considering where Burdi was drafted! 

Edited by TheCommish

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The Mike Wright move is the really interesting one here.

his numbers were strong in AAA. all hands on deck as we try and limit innings. we've got the division wrapped up ... i could care less about momentum over the next 21 days. get this team primed and ready to go starting around mid-september. let engel rest and get healthy. let everybody rest and get healthy. i have a feeling were gonna have some sox fans soon that are going to be reallll antsy when we win like 3-4 games over these next 3 series against the A's, Rays, and Jays. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Wait, Engel was out the last two days with groin tenderness and now has shoulder inflamation?

Now what kind of motion would make your groin tender while aggravating your shoulder oh wait

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Fire 1

14 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Wait, Engel was out the last two days with groin tenderness and now has shoulder inflamation?

You have to wonder if he has both issues (I mean I technically have should inflammation right now) and they are calling it a shoulder injury just because of how poorly they'd managed Engel's injury and recovery and the huge number of groin issues the team has had. 

32 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

his numbers were strong in AAA. all hands on deck as we try and limit innings. we've got the division wrapped up ... i could care less about momentum over the next 21 days. get this team primed and ready to go starting around mid-september. let engel rest and get healthy. let everybody rest and get healthy. i have a feeling were gonna have some sox fans soon that are going to be reallll antsy when we win like 3-4 games over these next 3 series against the A's, Rays, and Jays. 

Now what would make you think that lol?

37 minutes ago, TheCommish said:

There are plenty of these in MLB. In NFL if you have a failed 1st round pick it's a pretty big deal, but in baseball, they happen about 75% of the time it seems. Probably even higher considering where Burdi was drafted! 

Generally I agree, but if you draft a reliever in the first round, you better hit on them, otherwise you definitely deserve some criticism. 

• Like 1

Wright has really dominated in AAA and he just had such a bad few innings in our first ST game that I ignored it which is why I'm actually intrigued here. It's the "hey that may have mattered" signal.

Burdi man. Seeing what happened to his brother and how bad he has been post TJS, just seems like they weren't capable of doing to their arms what they were capable of doing to their arms.

Just now, gusguyman said:

Generally I agree, but if you draft a reliever in the first round, you better hit on them, otherwise you definitely deserve some criticism. 

Unfortunately, that patellar dislocation and subsequent MPFL reconstruction can be really heard on the knee. And that was after the UCL reconstruction.

1 minute ago, gusguyman said:

yes, nobody should try to diminish the burdi pick. That 2016 draft was absolutely loaded, to me the lack of impact of that draft in part due to trying to supplement that fast 2016 start should be included with that years failure along with the big obvious one. The thread I put together on revisiting hostetler made it hard to overlook 2016, it overshadows the high volume of hte later drafts.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bmags said:

Wright has really dominated in AAA and he just had such a bad few innings in our first ST game that I ignored it which is why I'm actually intrigued here. It's the "hey that may have mattered" signal.

Burdi man. Seeing what happened to his brother and how bad he has been post TJS, just seems like they weren't capable of doing to their arms what they were capable of doing to their arms.

Blew a game in the College World Series right after we drafted him.  Jerky motion, downhill to this DFA.  It was time to admit the bad draft pick and say bye.  Success somewhere else?  Think learn the knuckleball or else they're hiring at Menards.

1 minute ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Blew a game in the College World Series right after we drafted him.  Jerky motion, downhill to this DFA.  It was time to admit the bad draft pick and say bye.  Success somewhere else?  Think learn the knuckleball or else they're hiring at Menards.

he's a pitcher, they can click at any time.