08/16 Game Thread: Oakland Athletics at Sox 7:10 ESPN/CSN

Buehrle>Wood

• Capn12 changed the title to 08/16 Game Thread: Oakland Athletics at Sox 7:10 ESPN/CSN
14 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Looks like Eloy is the LF, playing too much in the field

With Hamilton, Garcia, and Engel all on the IL, and all of the extra pitchers on the roster, there aren't a lot of roster options to play OF unfortunately.  I am also beginning to wonder if the Sox are hiding something with Andrew Vaughn as his PT has gone way down in the last week, despite his being on the hottest hitters on the team.

I have a free ticket.  I BELIEVE row 4.  right by the dugout.  Lucky you! Plus you get to sit with me and some family LOL. Text me if interested, I won't be on the forum before then. 219-877- 4263. You can give me a solid high five as payment.

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin
  • Like 2
  • Fire 1

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

With Hamilton, Garcia, and Engel all on the IL, and all of the extra pitchers on the roster, there aren't a lot of roster options to play OF unfortunately.  I am also beginning to wonder if the Sox are hiding something with Andrew Vaughn as his PT has gone way down in the last week, despite his being on the hottest hitters on the team.

What could they be hiding? An injury? Doesn't add up.

I would think TLR's line of thinking is, he has never had this long of a season before so getting him more and more days off will hopefully help him from hitting a wall come end of September into October

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigHurt3515 said:

What could they be hiding? An injury? Doesn't add up.

I would think TLR's line of thinking is, he has never had this long of a season before so getting him more and more days off will hopefully help him from hitting a wall come end of September into October

The problem is that they are down multiple OFs again and he isn't playing.  Yet Vaughn is either DHing or sitting.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The problem is that they are down multiple OFs again and he isn't playing.  Yet Vaughn is either DHing or sitting.

Vaughn going to DH or the bench and Goodwin playing RF seems so much like exactly what I'd expect from LaRussa that I don't feel suspicious at all.

• Like 2

I think they are trying to protect Vaughn as he has never played anywhere close to this number of games in season, never played above A ball and is being told to learn a couple of different positions. 

The fact he is still sane is amazing.

Moncada hitting 5th is something as there are real hitters in this lineup now.  Why is he not after Robert and against RHP after Goodwin. 

57 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I have a free ticket.  I BELIEVE row 4.  right by the dugout.  Lucky you! Plus you get to sit with me and some family LOL. Text me if interested, I won't be on the forum before then. 219-877- 4263. You can give me a solid high five as payment.

Boy do I wish more than most times that I lived in Chicago. Would be so fun going to games with some of you fine folks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry Chappas said:

I think they are trying to protect Vaughn as he has never played anywhere close to this number of games in season, never played above A ball and is being told to learn a couple of different positions. 

The fact he is still sane is amazing.

Moncada hitting 5th is something as there are real hitters in this lineup now.  Why is he not after Robert and against RHP after Goodwin. 

Because he is a switch hitter and TLR loves match ups.

45 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Fangraphs has Goodwin as a better RF than Vaughn, so I don't know why it's a problem that he's DHing.

My eye test says AV is at least, as good as Goodwin in RF, and that says a lot, considering he has logged single digit games there.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic