08/17 Game Thread: Oakland Athletics at Sox 7:10 NBCSN

Buehrle>Wood

I'm surprised we don't see more incidents like this during each season.   With as hard as players hit the ball now, you see line drives up the middle every game and many are not far from producing a similar result.   I think baseball has to look at doing something to protect pitchers from having this happen more frequently.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

true but we need Abreu and Cesar to get it together on a more consistent basis, same to an extent for TA.  To win in the playoffs Sox need the whole lineup clicking.

Days off are needed.

Plus, I agree Cesar will probably be moved down once Yaz returns

Just now, sin city sox fan said:

I'm surprised we don't see more incidents like this during each season.   With as hard as players hit the ball now, you see line drives up the middle every game and many are not far from producing a similar result.   I think baseball has to look at doing something to protect pitchers from having this happen more frequently.

The danger zone is still really small

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Quin said:

He paused before running. Looked like he was deciding whether or not to run to Bassitt or first.

With all the fun he always has, man, I hope the team is keeping his spirits up.

Reminding me of Herb Score getting hit by a liner of the bat of Gil McDougald back in 1957.  Score was never the same and finished his career with the Sox in 1962.

1 minute ago, sin city sox fan said:

Wonder if this will give them more of an incentive to move the mound back

Just now, EloyJenkins said:

Its hard to really pick on anything on Lopez right now. Delivery looks tightened up, his movement is good and the confidence is great. I am not sure if Katz really figured something out or its a mirage but this is a thing.

i mean in hindsight they obviously said "we don't GAF about how it looks in AAA, work on your shit, get your ass in shape physically and you'll get a chance".

it's working. the plan is working.