08/18 Game Thread: Oakland Athletics at Sox 7:10 NBCSN

Buehrle>Wood

Just now, fathom said:

I think you’re right, as I didn’t see the umps confiscate anything

Yeah when that Mariners pitcher got caught vs us they made a big deal of putting his glove in a sealed plastic bag. No indication that happened here.

Not the worst thing to get Lynn out of the game anyways, that wasn't an easy 4 innings for him

2 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Guessing because the ump waited until he got all the way into the dugout, before asking him. Silly sort of, but....who knows.

Apparently after the first week where pitchers were dropping their pants the bumps decided to start moving guys to the dugout first.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Apparently after the first week where pitchers were dropping their pants the bumps decided to start moving guys to the dugout first.

Which definitely makes sense, I think Lynn was already on the edge, bad game (sort of), and the first thing put him over. I'm fine with it, not like he was going much longer in this one, either way.

5 minutes ago, CeaseAndExist said:

That isn't a suspension, relax people. It's obvious he got ejected because of how he acted

In a lot of instances,  refusing to cooperate is the same as failing the underlying check. For example refusing a drug test is considered a failure.  No idea if that is a part of this or not, but we will find out soon enough.