08/18 Game Thread: Oakland Athletics at Sox 7:10 NBCSN

Buehrle>Wood

33 minutes ago, wegner said:

I was already home by then....what's so wrong with an hour long pregame for a team about to make the playoffs in consecutive years for the 1st time ever?  Oh that's right I have to hear why Justin Fields didn't practice today.  I hate sports radio.

The Bears have two concurrent pre-game shows on 24/7, the regular season opener show which started June 4th on WBBM, and the pregame show for the next Exhibition game which started Sunday on their sister station WCKG.

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

You of all people know that an offense this good struggling against mediocre pitchers isn't going to keep happening

I just don't think we're real good against soft tossing sinker ballers given how often we hit ground balls. 

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The Bears have two concurrent pre-game shows on 24/7, the regular season opener show which started June 4th on WBBM, and the pregame show for the next Exhibition game which started Sunday on their sister station WCKG.

That is ridiculous

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

We threw a shutout last night giving up 8 balls with 100 mph+ exit velocity?  That has to be a statical oddity, no?

5 double plays helped a lot. We were definitely lucky to get a shutout yesterday. 

Edited by chw42