08/18 Game Thread: Oakland Athletics at Sox 7:10 NBCSN

Buehrle>Wood

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

That is ridiculous

Yes, the NFL is ridiculous.

I guess Len is covering for COVID ravaged Jason, they had a substitute host for Connor who is announcing again. J Hood has filled in on Friday nights.

Hope Jason returns to the Jerry Springer studios soon, so Len can travel to Tampa to cover the weekend series. I don’t have MLB audio subscriptions, so can’t here the Dave Wills call.

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Yes, the NFL is ridiculous.

I guess Len is covering for COVID ravaged Jason, they had a substitute host for Connor who is announcing again. J Hood has filled in on Friday nights.

Hope Jason returns to the Jerry Springer studios soon, so Len can travel to Tampa to cover the weekend series. I don’t have MLB audio subscriptions, so can’t here the Dave Wills call.

I thought Len was very good on the radio and then I heard his home run call to end the game in Iowa....and I think I fell in love a little bit.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

Anderson cannot leadoff and Moncada needs to move out of the middle of the order.

Anderson is never not gonna lead off on this team. He also can't hit very well with runners on for some weird reason. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Anderson is never not gonna lead off on this team. He also can't hit very well with runners on for some weird reason. 

I'm not sure but I think his numbers are good if a guy is just on 1st, but RISP is an issue which is just odd for how good of a hitter he is.

7 minutes ago, wegner said:

I thought Len was very good on the radio and then I heard his home run call to end the game in Iowa....and I think I fell in love a little bit.

I love Len is well. His voice was weird to get used to at the start (Kermit the Frog like), but he is great. I really hope Jason and Steve stay for a while so he doesn’t bail radio like Stone did when he signed for a year. I do like Connor better than Andy Mazur, who took over under terrible circumstances (Farmer’s death and announcing off a screen, which TV is still doing a year later). 

Speaking of things I love, I saw the graphic at the bar the Sox lead either MLB or the AL in HRs (71) since June 30.

One more thing I love, $2.50 pints of Off Color Apex Predator on special watching White Sox baseball at the bar.

40769-B9-C-21-DB-43-F3-AE37-00-ADDAAFC56

Edited by South Side Hit Men