8/18 Games

bmags

53 minutes ago, chitown87 said:

This might be a dumb question but is there any chance Adolfo gets a cup of coffee with the Sox in September? He’s out of options right?

I just think there are others in the pecking order while sox would probably still want to nab HFA for playoffs. Hard to leap over Sheets (LH Power), Burger, Hamilton, Seby, Collins, and bullpen.

The 40 man may depend anyway on showcasing Sheets/Burger for offseason moves or decisions to keep as much as anything.

But we have no idea, they've made some pretty unexpected september callups and non callups recently and there are so few sept. spots now.

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

I just think there are others in the pecking order while sox would probably still want to nab HFA for playoffs. Hard to leap over Sheets (LH Power), Burger, Hamilton, Seby, Collins, and bullpen.

The 40 man may depend anyway on showcasing Sheets/Burger for offseason moves or decisions to keep as much as anything.

But we have no idea, they've made some pretty unexpected september callups and non callups recently and there are so few sept. spots now.

Isn't it only 2 September spots?

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

Isn't it only 2 September spots?

Yeah, and I feel like TLR will like Hamilton on a playoff roster with 26 guys. So I still struggle to see him being DFAd.

So to me it is a dogfight between burger, sheets, 3rd catcher in sept (and I would be shocked if 3 catchers weren't on roster to let Yaz stay in DH).