MLB Pipeline top 30 update

maxjusttyped

On 8/19/2021 at 6:38 PM, wegner said:

White Sox with 3 guys on the top 10 at their position prospects list:

Sheets at 1B

2 prospects at 3B with Burger and Kath

That’s actually pretty cool, even if none of them are top 100 prospects.  Burger & Sheets have really put themselves on the map this year and give us some options this offseason.

Also, it’s nice to finally have some legit left-handed bats in the system.  Three of the top 6 are lefties in Montgomery, Kath, & Sheets plus we have a resurgent Mieses at #22.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

That’s actually pretty cool, even if none of them are top 100 prospects.  Burger & Sheets have really put themselves on the map this year and give us some options this offseason.

Also, it’s nice to finally have some legit left-handed bats in the system.  Three of the top 6 are lefties in Montgomery, Kath, & Sheets plus we have a resurgent Mieses at #22.

It will be so huge going forward if we have the ability to plug holes in Chicago from inside the organization instead of having to sign free agents.  For example replacing Leury with Romy??

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

They are going to have to make some decisions and moves with these guys (or others) and clear out some of the upper minors.  Burger and Sheets  have some value, but both are Rule 5 I think, which tempers things.  And Sheets will need to play a good OF.    From what I read, Burger really whacked the ball when he was up (impressing the stats guys impressing the stats guys with his exit velocities and such).  Or they can keep these guys and move some of the incumbents.  They'll need a 2B, OF and pitching next season.

22 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

They are going to have to make some decisions and moves with these guys (or others) and clear out some of the upper minors.  Burger and Sheets  have some value, but both are Rule 5 I think, which tempers things.  And Sheets will need to play a good OF.    From what I read, Burger really whacked the ball when he was up (impressing the stats guys impressing the stats guys with his exit velocities and such).  Or they can keep these guys and move some of the incumbents.  They'll need a 2B, OF and pitching next season.

Both guys are on the 40 man roster, so the Rule 5 doesn’t apply to them.  But it will be interesting to see if they keep or trade Burger & Sheets.  Personally I expect them to keep Sheets as a depth option at 1B/OF and move Jake for a controllable reliever or something of that nature.

I disagree with Montgomery above Burger.

Jake Burger missed significant time with the Achilles tears. He went from. A+ straight to AAA while missing 3 seasons. In AAA he's got a .900 OPS with power. The guy is a natural hitter. He can play a good enough 3rd to stick there in the majors. Jake seems like a lock to be a major league player, at least. He can maybe become an above average hitting 3B with power. 

Colson has the higher ceiling, but his floor is much, much lower. He's far from a guaranteed thing at this point. The chances of Burger being an MLB contributer are higher at this point. I've got Jake above him. 

Edited by ron883

On 8/21/2021 at 9:56 PM, ron883 said:

I agree with Montgomery above Burger.

Jake Burger missed significant time with the Achilles tears. He went from. A+ straight to AAA while missing 3 seasons. In AAA he's got a .900 OPS with power. The guy is a natural hitter. He can play a good enough 3rd to stick there in the majors. Jake seems like a lock to be a major league player, at least. He can maybe become an above average hitting 3B with power. 

Colson has the higher ceiling, but his floor is much, much lower. He's far from a guaranteed thing at this point. The chances of Burger being an MLB contributer are higher at this point. I've got Jake above him. 

Are you covering your ass here ? 1.I agree with Montgomery above Burger.

2. Colson has the higher ceiling, but his floor is much, much lower...I've got Jake above him. 

Maybe you meant to say you disagree with Montgomery above Burger ?

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Are you covering your ass here ? 1.I agree with Montgomery above Burger.

2. Colson has the higher ceiling, but his floor is much, much lower...I've got Jake above him. 

Maybe you meant to say you disagree with Montgomery above Burger ?

Yep, I meant to say disagree

On 8/21/2021 at 11:56 PM, ron883 said:

I disagree with Montgomery above Burger.

Right now, I'd rather have Montgomery than Burger just based on where things stand currently but I'll always take the up middle guy with upside over a corner only guy with a bad body. 

On 8/21/2021 at 10:09 AM, Chicago White Sox said:

Both guys are on the 40 man roster, so the Rule 5 doesn’t apply to them.  But it will be interesting to see if they keep or trade Burger & Sheets.  Personally I expect them to keep Sheets as a depth option at 1B/OF and move Jake for a controllable reliever or something of that nature.

Well, at their age,  if they aren't on the Major league roster, they are clogging the 40 man.
And they need a 2b, probably a starter, and figure out RF.

Edited by GreenSox