GT 8/20: SOX @ TB, 6:10 ESPN3/NBCSN

maloney.adam

1 minute ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Big series. Still only expecting 10,000 fans in Tampa though 

I was really hoping to plan a roadtrip to see the Sox in Toronto next season but who knows what the border situation will be by then.  

As an alternative, it seems I could get great seats at Tropicana....how is that experience as a Sox fan??

5 minutes ago, wegner said:

I was really hoping to plan a roadtrip to see the Sox in Toronto next season but who knows what the border situation will be by then.  

As an alternative, it seems I could get great seats at Tropicana....how is that experience as a Sox fan??

Not sure, I've never been there. I've heard not great things about the Trop, but that's just hearsay.

I just heard that they were playing Boston or New York the other day (the 2 teams that are right on their tail for the division lead) and there was hardly anyone at the park.

2 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Not sure, I've never been there. I've heard not great things about the Trop, but that's just hearsay.

I just heard that they were playing Boston or New York the other day (the 2 teams that are right on their tail for the division lead) and there was hardly anyone at the park.

Well run organization....zero fan support.  To be honest I do not mind a less crowded stadium sometimes and there should be other stuff to do in Tampa.  Hoping to eventually hit as many of the stadiums that I can to watch the Sox on the road in the upcoming seasons.

5 minutes ago, wegner said:

Well run organization....zero fan support.  To be honest I do not mind a less crowded stadium sometimes and there should be other stuff to do in Tampa.  Hoping to eventually hit as many of the stadiums that I can to watch the Sox on the road in the upcoming seasons.

More power to you man! I don't blame you. Now is the time. We hit up Minneapolis, St louis, Cincinnati, Milwaukee and Detroit this year. Sox were in 3 of those 5 cities, and 2 of them were new for me. Had an absolute blast. I would love to make an east coast trip next year and see the Sox play in New York or Boston (I've never been out east), but seeing as they're playing on the west coast with the interleague play, maybe we'll go to Cali. I've been to SoCal, but not any of their ballparks. 

Edited by ScooterMcGee
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

More power to you man! I don't blame you. Now is the time. We hit up Minneapolis, St louis, Cincinnati, Milwaukee and Detroit this year. Sox were in 3 of those 5 cities, and 2 of them were new for me. Had an absolute blast. I would love to make an east coast trip next year and see the Sox play in New York or Boston (I've never been out east), but seeing as they're playing on the west coast with the interleague play, maybe we'll go to Cali. I've been to SoCal, but not any of their ballparks. 

The stadium in San Francisco looks outstanding.

How did you like Detroit....can you stay close to the stadium?

1 hour ago, wegner said:

It is literally the easiest place in baseball to get great and cheap seats.  We sat in the front row of LF for like $30 each a couple of years ago.  It was a mostly plain park, but the petting of the Rays area was pretty fun for the kids.

1 hour ago, wegner said:

The stadium in San Francisco looks outstanding.

How did you like Detroit....can you stay close to the stadium?

Detroit was decent.  Kind of gimmicky, but decent.

We actually stayed in Windsor instead of Detroit, but that was before needing a passport to cross into Canada.

2 hours ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Big series. Still only expecting 10,000 fans in Tampa though 

We were planning on attending Saturday's game and even though we are vaccinated the Covid Delta strain has freaked us out so will watch it on TV. Should be a good series, the Rays are scoring a lot of runs but I like our chances tonight with Wacha on the bump for the Rays. 

Edited by The Mighty Mite

12 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Detroit was decent.  Kind of gimmicky, but decent.

We actually stayed in Windsor instead of Detroit, but that was before needing a passport to cross into Canada.

Thanks for the tips...Detroit is not too bad of a drive so I will probably get up there sooner.  Tampa sounds like a good idea for a flight down there and a couple of days of around the area fun....unless I feel like a long road trip including some detours for caves etc on the way to FL.