GT 8/20: SOX @ TB, 6:10 ESPN3/NBCSN

maloney.adam

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Sheets is hitting .387/.447.806 with a 1.254 OPS (lol) since being demoted. Once Engel or Leury are back so they don't need a guy that can cover CF, DFAing Lamb or Goodwin to bring Sheets back up makes sense to me.

If they are gonna let Eloy play LF regularly you might as well bring Sheets back. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

I'll never understand why it's so difficult to realize that a plus defensive 3B with an elite OBP is valuable

Because the East coast bias machine hyped him to death and he was the #1 prospect in baseball. People assume that means Mike Trout level production. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Because the East coast bias machine hyped him to death and he was the #1 prospect in baseball. People assume that means Mike Trout level production. 

I think that's part of it, but no other player on the team gets held to that standard. The Sox have a ton of guys who's offensive stats & WAR are in Moncada's range (or worse) and he gets scrutinized more than any of them.

4 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

He certainly has value but he hasn't nearly lived up to the player he was "supposed" to be.  He's going to become very expensive.

if a ws contender can't afford to pay a 5 WAR player 20mm AAV a year for a few years in their window then they should fold up. enough with this contract bitching on yoan.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

I think that's part of it, but no other player on the team gets held to that standard. The Sox have a ton of guys who's offensive stats & WAR are in Moncada's range (or worse) and he gets scrutinized more than any of them.

IMO His 2019 gave fans expectations and they impatiently trash him as he’s struggled find that level again.  Some level of frustration is warranted but certainly not the level of ‘hate’ thrown his way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

IMO His 2019 gave fans expectations and they impatiently trash him as he’s struggled find that level again.  Some level of frustration is warranted but certainly not the level of ‘hate’ thrown his way. 

I think Yoan was hurt physically with his long bout with COVID.

Just now, mqr said:

When Giolito is on he so god damn efficient

that eye of the tiger shit we've gotten to see over the last two years is fun, he's very easy to watch too.

basically, he's become pretty close to what he was supposed to be when drafted; he's also why you take fliers on big prospects that haven't figured it out yet, because when they do, it can be some fun