AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!@

southsider2k5

8 hours ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Have you ever heard of Ohtani?

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s very clear this board can’t be objective with Kimbrel because they hate the price we paid for him.  Which is funny, because many posters (probably not the same ones to be fair) couldn’t be objective with Madrigal because the draft position he was selected in.  Regardless, you can hate the Kimbrel trade without making hot takes like won’t be able to pitch the 8th inning or he’s suddenly not elite because of a few bad innings.  It’s possible, even likely that we greatly overpaid for Kimbrel while also brings a dominant weapon come October.  They aren’t mutually exclusive.

The thing is last night, his bad inning consisted of walking someone. He gave up no hits. He struck a guy out. It is really bizarre,  but Soxtalk expects relievers to not only have 0.00 ERAS, but 0.00 WHIPs as well, or you just suck.

I liked Madrigal more than most and really think years from now many will be saying it would be awesome if he was on the team, but Kimbrel was the best available by far. 

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

This Madrigal stuff is hilarious.   They figured out a while ago he's not the player they thought they were getting and had been trying to trade him ever since. If he didn't get moved in this trade he would have been moved in another.  He's a low impact player and they know that wasn't going to change. He was never going to be a long term part of this team and they wanted out.

9 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

This Madrigal stuff is hilarious.   They figured out a while ago he's not the player they thought they were getting and had been trying to trade him ever since. If he didn't get moved in this trade he would have been moved in another.  He's a low impact player and they know that wasn't going to change. He was never going to be a long term part of this team and they wanted out.

I am sure if they had been trying to trade him some team would have taken him off their hands long before they got Kimbrel. That is just BS. I don’t know what it says about Crochet because apparently the Cubs had their choice between the 2 and took Madrigal. 

Paying Hernandez 10 times more than him for not a better performance, seems a pretty poor plan.

You can’t seem to separate Madrigal the player vs. Madrigal the #4 overall pick ahead of Kelenic, and it makes you write things that make no sense.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

13 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I am sure if they had been trying to trade him some team would have taken him off their hands long before they got Kimbrel. That is just BS. I don’t know what it says about Crochet because apparently the Cubs had their choice between the 2 and took Madrigal. 

Paying Hernandez 10 times more than him for not a better performance, seems a pretty poor plan.

You can’t seem to separate Madrigal the player vs. Madrigal the #4 overall pick ahead of Kelenic, and it makes you write things that make no sense.

:lolhitting

Yeah I think some people are misremembering Kimbrel letting a run during his appearance. It was 4-2 with 2 outs in the ninth and a runner on third.

Bummer promptly goes BB-H-IBB-H and 3 runs are across the board.

the first hit was pretty unlucky as has been bummers luck. 

3 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

:lolhitting

You can laugh all you want but your post exposed you. You wouldn’t have the hate for Madrigal if he was drafted lower.Maybe he won’t have the impact yuowish a #4 draft pick overall, that remains to be seen , but he was a pretty good player. 1,4 fWAR in 54 games is a 4 win player, playing for minimum. So the Sox didn’t think he was good enough and have been desperately trying to trade him for a while. Finally they found a sucker to take him off their hands, and they picked up a guy who will have half the fWAR and they only have to pay him 10 times what they paid Madrigal to play second. Makes a lot sense. Has to be true.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Can’t stress enough how rad it is watching the game play out where it goes Tim Anderson to Luis Robert to Jose Abreu to Eloy Jimenez to Yoan Moncada and soon we’ll replace two low OBP guys with the walk god.

When guys go out with injury you get used to how it all looks and he replacement guys still being baseball players but going from average player to awesome player is always so much more fun then you remember.

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

Can’t stress enough how rad it is watching the game play out where it goes Tim Anderson to Luis Robert to Jose Abreu to Eloy Jimenez to Yoan Moncada and soon we’ll replace two low OBP guys with the walk god.

When guys go out with injury you get used to how it all looks and he replacement guys still being baseball players but going from average player to awesome player is always so much more fun then you remember.

Hopefully the injuries can stop and the Sox can put out their #1 line up soon. 

One break Sox got last night was when Timmy knocked in Collins with the go ahead run in the 11th.  The right fielder came up with a horrible throw to the plate.  Collins did not get a good jump off second, and I was surprised Coach sent him in, but it worked. A good throw would have had Collins, and the inning gets changed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Kimbrel is great. Kimbrel is garbage. Kimbrel should close, Hendriks is garbage. Kimbrel shouldn't face lefties with games on the line.

Soxtalk on Kimbrel. 

Unfortunately players have good days and bad days but fans seem to think it does not apply to closers.  We have seen Hendriks and Kimbrel have good and bad outings this week.  Last night we saw Crochet, Hendriks, and Tepera excel and Bummer and Kimbrel did not. 

Even starters are up and down. Gio was excellent last night against TB and struggled last game against Yankees.  

6 minutes ago, oldsox said:

One break Sox got last night was when Timmy knocked in Collins with the go ahead run in the 11th.  The right fielder came up with a horrible throw to the plate.  Collins did not get a good jump off second, and I was surprised Coach sent him in, but it worked. A good throw would have had Collins, and the inning gets changed.

I had the same thought on sending Collins.  Better to be lucky than smart I guess.

3 minutes ago, Rusty_Kuntz said:

Was it me or did Crochet throw three pitches that were fully within the TV strike zone that were all called balls to Choi in the 9th?

He threw Choi 6 pitches, 5 of which were strikes, only 2 of which were called. It was one of the worst umping at bats I’ve seen all year. 

What I don't get is why LaRussa won't use Liam as the set up guy, he has said many times that he doesn't really care what role the Sox want him in, he just wants to pitch. Ok then, he gets the 8th and have CK get the 9th? If it's really that important for Kimbrel to close, why not try that? If he becomes Cubs Kimbrel and Liam is true to his word, the 8th inning issues are gone and we get a proven elite closer nailing it down...

Edited by MexSoxFan#1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Madrigal can’t seem to separate himself from the IL for more than 40 games at a time.

He’s going to have a decent career if he can stay healthy, but that’s a big if and he’d still be only a middle third tier type of second baseman.  What he brings to the table can be found in quite a few other players.

I’m not even sold on the trade…I just don’t think Madrigal is nearly the cost that others seem to.

53 minutes ago, bmags said:

Yeah I think some people are misremembering Kimbrel letting a run during his appearance. It was 4-2 with 2 outs in the ninth and a runner on third.

Bummer promptly goes BB-H-IBB-H and 3 runs are across the board.

the first hit was pretty unlucky as has been bummers luck. 

I thought it was a stupid move to pull him for Bummer, I trust a proven vet like CK over AB to get the third out in that situation.