GT 8/21: SOX @ TB, 12:10 NBCSN

maloney.adam

The only pennant race left for us is the fight for home field advantage in the playoffs.  We need to catch Tampa Bay in order to get that advantage.  

We should have our A lineup going all three games this weekend, no excuses.  

Give whomever rest days when the team is in Toronto.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's lIkely that we will never see the A line-up before mid-September unless we lose 3 in a row somewhere along the line  As TLR said even before the start of the season, he manages for Sept-Oct.  I also don't expect starters to go that "extra" inning...like there was no way that Giolito was going out for the 8th in mid-August.

14 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Anderson hasn't had a day off since Thursday, he's gotta get another breather. Two baseball games in a row is really hard on the body.

yeah the wear and tear of turf when you are mostly standing around all the time is too much to endure.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

yeah the wear and tear of turf when you are mostly standing around all the time is too much to endure.

I imagine that Tampa plays all their starters only 2 out of 3 games.  You have to love TL's strategy of resting Anderson the day after every great game.

Weird what they are doing at catcher.  TLR is so old school which means 1) never have catcher in day game after night game 2) lefty hitter versus righty pitcher....yet Collins sits?   I know this will call in the cascade of COLLINS SUCKS...but he made a couple of game savings stops at catcher in the 10th/11th last night.  He's been on base 6 of his last 11 plate appearances...and honestly Zeby is not good...outside of his one magic game his slash line is .171/.236/.234, he's had 7 passed balls in 24 games started and thrown out 5% of base stealers.   I wonder if Collins is hated in the clubhouse or told TLR that he doesn't like dogs or something.  I honestly hope they send Collins down and let him start at catcher in AAA and then quietly trade him in the off season...their handling of him has been so odd.