GT 8/21: SOX @ TB, 12:10 NBCSN

maloney.adam

3 minutes ago, RG23SoxFan said:

Is he really that bad for a 5th starter?  If you don't have the same expectations for him as you do for the guys in the top of your rotation I think it is easier to accept.

For the amount he’s being paid and the inability to have any luck the 3rd time through, he’s not exactly a bargain

2 minutes ago, RG23SoxFan said:

Is he really that bad for a 5th starter?  If you don't have the same expectations for him as you do for the guys in the top of your rotation I think it is easier to accept.

I agree with that completely. Keuchel is serviceable as a 4/5 starter that you can rely on to make 30 starts.

The Sox are just in a position where they have 4 guys who are clearly better, and then for next season Kopech (obviously) and Lopez (potentially) might be better options than him as well.

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Tony has always loved the last guys on his roster. He wants to get credit for winning with them playing. Everyone can win if they play regulars. He is a HOF baseball person brother. He is smarter than everyone else.

TLR is in another alternate universe.  If he wants to sit Anderson and Robert, just reconsider and sit only one of them. I would sit TA ahead of Robert.  We can’t afford to have Goodwin playing CF. Why he doesn’t rest Hernández?   TLR kills our momentum with these lineups.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

For the amount he’s being paid and the inability to have any luck the 3rd time through, he’s not exactly a bargain

Well that's another topic lol, but they are going to have pay him so might as well try to make it work the best you can.

Just now, hankchifan said:

TLR is in another alternate universe.  If he wants to sit Anderson and Robert, just reconsider and sit only one of them. I would sit TA ahead of Robert.  We can’t afford to have Goodwin playing CF. Why he doesn’t rest Hernández?   TLR kills our momentum with these lineups.

Yep split up the days off for the guys so you stop having these awful split-squad lineups.  Been doing it a lot lately and it’s been very ineffective.

Just now, fathom said:

Yep split up the days off for the guys so you stop having these awful split-squad lineups.  Been doing it a lot lately and it’s been very ineffective.

I doubt it was planned out days ahead of time TA would sit today. If the medical staff advises TA sits because he's at an elevated injury risk, do you really think he should be playing?

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

TLR compounds the problem by hardly ever pinching hitting with our sitting boppers even in game situations.

8 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I doubt it was planned out days ahead of time TA would sit today. If the medical staff advises TA sits because he's at an elevated injury risk, do you really think he should be playing?

Eh it's not like our medical team has been good this year or anything.