GT 8/21: SOX @ TB, 12:10 NBCSN

maloney.adam

2 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

We made it to the game driving 84 miles from Punta Gorda and yes I was pissed.

TLR and I are just about the same age and pretty sure I have more on the ball than he does.

I was a good friend of Jimmy Piersall back in his broadcasting days with the Sox and he hated TLR, I can only imagine what he'd be saying about him now.

Piersall was not a fan of TLR or Leland. But more people hated Piersall than both of them combined. 

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

What did Tony do to blow today's game?

1. Resting our two hottest players TA and Robert at the same time.

2. playing Goodwin, Mendick and Lamb at the same time.  Terrible defense.

3.  When Sox scored 2 runs in the 8th to make it 6-4, he stuck with a AAA pitcher,Wright,who promptly gave back the 2 runs.

4. no effort to come back not only leaving Wright in the 8 th. But not pinch hitting for Mendick and Lamb in the 9 th.

I don’t say TLR cost us the game, but he sure looked like he punted with the lineup he put up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

1. Resting our two hottest players TA and Robert at the same time.

2. playing Goodwin, Mendick and Lamb at the same time.  Terrible defense.

3.  When Sox scored 2 runs in the 8th to make it 6-4, he stuck with a AAA pitcher,Wright,who promptly gave back the 2 runs.

4. no effort to come back not only leaving Wright in the 8 th. But not pinch hitting for Mendick and Lamb in the 9 th.

I don’t say TLR cost us the game, but he sure looked like he punted with the lineup he put up.

Do you have a picture of Tony on your dartboard?

4 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

We made it to the game driving 84 miles from Punta Gorda and yes I was pissed.

TLR and I are just about the same age and pretty sure I have more on the ball than he does.

I was a good friend of Jimmy Piersall back in his broadcasting days with the Sox and he hated TLR, I can only imagine what he'd be saying about him now.

1 hour ago, SCCWS said:

Piersall was not a fan of TLR or Leland. But more people hated Piersall than both of them combined. 

I loved Jimmy Piersall.  

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

This season is going to end one of two ways. If the Sox flame out early in the playoffs people will say that our division sucked, we weren't big game tested all year, and Larussa screwed up with lineups/matchups/in game decisions and cost us the series. 

If we make it to the WS, people will say Larussa was an f'ing genius for resting players along the way, managing his roster to keep the team afloat despite all the key injuries, and he is still ahead of his time as a manager. 

The narrative is already written. It is only a matter of which scenario plays out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

This season is going to end one of two ways. If the Sox flame out early in the playoffs people will say that our division sucked, we weren't big game tested all year, and Larussa screwed up with lineups/matchups/in game decisions and cost us the series. 

If we make it to the WS, people will say Larussa was an f'ing genius for resting players along the way, managing his roster to keep the team afloat despite all the key injuries, and he is still ahead of his time as a manager. 

The narrative is already written. It is only a matter of which scenario plays out. 

I don't know how things will turn out, but I know one thing: That lineup against TB was a joke.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

I loved Jimmy Piersall.  

Remember when TLR, Leland and another coach went to the radio studio where Jimmy was doing the postgame show and were there to provoke him into a fight, that was as bush league as you could get.

• Like 1