GT 8/21: SOX @ TB, 12:10 NBCSN

maloney.adam

Just now, chw42 said:

We miss Leury and Engel badly right now. At least when those 2 are healthy TLR can't put Goodwin at center and play Mendick 3 times a week. 

He was playing Goodwin in CF when Engel was healthy (he threw him in RF a few times). I think Hamilton is the only guy that TLR religiously put in CF over Goodwin.

• Like 1

Just now, SoxAce said:

He was playing Goodwin in CF when Engel was healthy (he threw him in RF a few times). I think Hamilton is the only guy that TLR religiously put in CF over Goodwin.

I don't know how they can watch him play CF and think, "oh yeah he's good out there".

7 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Goodwin is a DH with the athleticism to play CF

Goodwin has been exposed over and over as a terrible defensive CF but we keep playing him there. It’s hard to win with him in CF.  He has also sucked offensively lately.  With a Golden Sombrero yesterday.  Don’t we have anyone better than Goodwin in our system?

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

I don't know how they can watch him play CF and think, "oh yeah he's good out there".

TLR has not been a good manager of this team.  He has been exasperating often with inexplicable bad decisions.  Goodwin should not be in this lineup.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Rays announcers roasting TLR for not having TA in the lineup today with a sinker baller like Keuchel on the mound.  They say TA would have made 2 plays missed by Mendick who has poor range.  They said smart move would have been to rest TA tomorrow instead. I agree.

Yeah and they have as much information of how TA is feeling physically as you.

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

If his name isn't Robert, Engel, or Hamilton I don't want to see him in CF.  Also, please rest one player at a time when necessary.  These games with multiple players being rested are non-competitive and alarmingly boring.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

If his name isn't Robert, Engel, or Hamilton I don't want to see him in CF.  Also, please rest one player at a time when necessary.  These games with multiple players being rested are non-competitive and alarmingly boring.

Well Hamilton and Engel are out and Robert is getting a day off so who's next?

2 minutes ago, RG23SoxFan said:

Well Hamilton and Engel are out and Robert is getting a day off so who's next?

I am aware that Hamilton and Engel are out...therefore Robert should be playing today.  Not that hard to figure out IMO.

1 minute ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Just tuned in, is it just me getting the vibe that the Sox basically are giving this game away?

Pretty much. We've had at least 3 of these in the last 3 weeks. 

It's why playing with a 10+ game lead kind of sucks. 

Edited by chw42