GT 8/21: SOX @ TB, 12:10 NBCSN

maloney.adam

7 minutes ago, RG23SoxFan said:

Yeah and they have as much information of how TA is feeling physically as you.

You are right.  However the point is that you should play your best infield behind a sinker baller.  If TA couldn’t play for physical reasons and this was our best infield,so be it.

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

I am aware that Hamilton and Engel are out...therefore Robert should be playing today.  Not that hard to figure out IMO.

I am in favor of them being careful with Robert coming back from a serious injury so he is in the best physical condition come October.  Guess that's why I don't think it's as easy to figure out as you do.

4 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

I just logged onto the game, how bad did Kuechel suck? the line on him looks bad, how long we gonna keep trotting what seems our weak link out there?

Hopefully long enough until it’s absolutely clear that he should not be starting any playoff games.

Edit: Clear to those making the decisions that is.

Edited by Snopek

2 minutes ago, Tomtom said:

I’d really be pissed If I was a Sox Fan in Tampa who paid good money to see them play today, and then see this lineup on the field. Didn’t NBA teams get criticized for this same reason after resting star players regularly.

- A meatball who’s never been involved in Major League Baseball

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Yes one of the craziest things ever. He needed to swing more, You had this first ballot HOFer, and they wanted to risk changing him and not letting him be because his eye was too good.

Yes, but he didn’t kiss Jerry’s crony GM’s ass, so Kenny dumped him and trashed talked the Sox best player in a century on the way out.

1 minute ago, wegner said:

I do understand resting your players...why does one of the oldest guys on the team not seem to have any days off...Abreu.

Exactly. Also Brian Goodwin lately seems to get zero days off despite the fact that sometimes his situational splits suggest he should sit. 

Also regarding Robert, has anyone on the medical staff weighed in that he needs additional days off here and there? Or is this just armchair bullshit? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

Goodwin should be sent down to Charlotte ASAP. This way TLR can’t play him. He does not belong as a major league outfielder.  He has been embarrassing.

He’s a streaky and non terrible option as a corner OF, but I just can’t figure out why managers insist some players are fine in CF when they clearly aren’t. One day emergency fine, regular backup out there? Naw.

With MLB's biggest division lead and barring some horrific turn of events, the Sox should easily win the division...seems like TLR is putting a premium on resting guys. Sucks for us but maybe he knows what he's doing?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wegner said:

I do understand resting your players...why does one of the oldest guys on the team not seem to have any days off...Abreu.

I believe the players themselves have a say in things.  Abreu just happens to have the attitude that you need to drag him off the field.  As far as anyone knows on this board TA might have communicated that he needed the day off, but I doubt that the manager or anyone from the White Sox would announce that to the public.

• Like 1