GT 8/21: SOX @ TB, 12:10 NBCSN

maloney.adam

3 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Exactly. Also Brian Goodwin lately seems to get zero days off despite the fact that sometimes his situational splits suggest he should sit. 

Also regarding Robert, has anyone on the medical staff weighed in that he needs additional days off here and there? Or is this just armchair bullshit? 

Robert, did look like he was running slower yesterday as the game wore on. 

2 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Exactly. Also Brian Goodwin lately seems to get zero days off despite the fact that sometimes his situational splits suggest he should sit. 

Also regarding Robert, has anyone on the medical staff weighed in that he needs additional days off here and there? Or is this just armchair bullshit? 

Lol, suggesting that they are giving Robert additional days off coming back from a serious injury is "armchair bullshit" but all the other bitching about the lineup is legit.

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

He’s a streaky and non terrible option as a corner OF, but I just can’t figure out why managers insist some players are fine in CF when they clearly aren’t. One day emergency fine, regular backup out there? Naw.

This is ridiculous...Ozzie for example would have never played a guy in CF who had no business being there 😎

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, That funky motion said:

Robert, did look like he was running slower yesterday as the game wore on. 

There was a play that I thought he would beat out and it wasn't close.  He seems to be either not 100% yet or a little spooked to really unleash his speed.

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I propse Lamb doesn't get a start ever again. 

Short bench unfortunately. Also stings we don’t have a legit CF on the bench right now so we are stuck with Goodwin as the backup.

edit: just saw that Billy Hamilton is starting a rehab assignment today!

Edited by manbearpuig

11 minutes ago, RG23SoxFan said:

Lol, suggesting that they are giving Robert additional days off coming back from a serious injury is "armchair bullshit" but all the other bitching about the lineup is legit.

Some guys come back from serious injuries and play every day. I just have not heard anyone on the Sox medical staff say that Robert is, for now, a part time player because of coming back from that injury. Have you?

16 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

With MLB's biggest division lead and barring some horrific turn of events, the Sox should easily win the division...seems like TLR is putting a premium on resting guys. Sucks for us but maybe he knows what he's doing?

I guess TLR then has decided to give up on the home field advantage race?

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

I guess TLR then has decided to give up on the home field advantage race?

There's still a ton of baseball left, and after that weird covid19 season, maybe he thinks a well rested team is more important than home field advantage? I dunno man, lol, just throwing shit out there haha