GT 8/21: SOX @ TB, 12:10 NBCSN

maloney.adam

1 minute ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

If the Sox take the rubber match tomorrow which I will assume is a MLB lineup, all will be forgotten.

Yup. It’s also a couple breaks from being a totally different game in the Sox favor. The  1st TB run was lucky af

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

If the Sox take the rubber match tomorrow with which I will assume will be an MLB lineup, all will be forgotten.

Buenas tardes amigos

Orale, buenas tardes

12 minutes ago, Tomtom said:

I hope Rays fans give some credit to Larussa for their win.  He made it somewhat easier!

We supposedly have one of the best bullpens in the league , score two runs and then leave a AAA pitcher in the 8th to give it right back.  TLR only wants to use our best relievers when we are ahead. We need to keep close games close so we can come back.

38 minutes ago, Tomtom said:

That grounder that hit third base in the first inning is the difference in this game!  

Keuchel got rattled after that. He legit had poor defensive support today. 

The Rays know how hit, pitch, and field  in a canvas bubble on a rubber field. I hope the Sox don't fa ce them in the playoffs, especially if they have home field advantage.

Ozzie mentioned on the post game that the Sox might keep 3 catchers so maybe Collins stays when Grandal comes back. If so, maybe Lamb, the double play machine, gets DFAed.

Edited by tray

1 hour ago, wegner said:

Sorry for a little rant but.....

HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE MATTERS

especially for this team

I’ve accepted the fact that they are prioritizing rest over home field advantage. I don’t agree with it, but it is what it is.

2 hours ago, RG23SoxFan said:

I am in favor of them being careful with Robert coming back from a serious injury so he is in the best physical condition come October.  Guess that's why I don't think it's as easy to figure out as you do.

Yes, people often have differing opinions on these forums..and you are certainly entitled to yours.

18 minutes ago, Dan of Steel said:

So far, I'm leaning towards Cease being the #4 in a playoff lineup. Keuchel has been bad for most of this season. 

Why is this even a debate?  Cease has been leagues better this year.  If we actually give a post-season start to Dallas then we don’t deserve to win the World Series IMO.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Tomtom said:

I hope Rays fans give some credit to Larussa for their win.  He made it somewhat easier!

We drove up from Punta Gorda to take in the game, when I saw the lineup I just about puked. 

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tomtom said:

I’d really be pissed If I was a Sox Fan in Tampa who paid good money to see them play today, and then see this lineup on the field. Didn’t NBA teams get criticized for this same reason after resting star players regularly.

We made it to the game driving 84 miles from Punta Gorda and yes I was pissed.

TLR and I are just about the same age and pretty sure I have more on the ball than he does.

I was a good friend of Jimmy Piersall back in his broadcasting days with the Sox and he hated TLR, I can only imagine what he'd be saying about him now.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 3
  • Fire 1

4 hours ago, Snopek said:

I’ve accepted the fact that they are prioritizing rest over home field advantage. I don’t agree with it, but it is what it is.

I'm currently in denial, trying to work towards acceptance.