GT 8/22: SOX @ TB, 12:10

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

The team should have had a lot of momentum after the Friday win, but the Sunday lineup yesterday totally took the sails out of the team. 

If sitting a couple starters completely takes the wind out of their sails then they have bigger problems than we thought.

I think they’re just a streaky team that’s playing a really good team.

1 minute ago, Snopek said:

If sitting a couple starters completely takes the wind out of their sails then they have bigger problems than we thought.

Sox have basically 3 bench players in the lineup every day.  Problem is a lot of the bench players are having bad seasons (Mendick, Collins).

2 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Come on. TA and Robert aren’t just a garden variety “couple of starters”. I think we can all agree sitting Collins for Zevala (or Vice versa) and sitting Cesar for Leury would not even close to the same thing as sitting TA for Mendick and Robert for Goodwin. The problem is amplified by Grandal still being out. You can’t take a team like this and subtract offensive / defensive weapons like TA and Robert and sub in scrub AAAA players and expect close to the same results 

2 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

This is so fucking frustrating to watch this offense. There will be a fake rally later in the game 

And yet the announcers keep saying this is such a good offense!  Ain’t seeing it!  Maybe on paper, but a bit overrated!

• Thanks 1

I dont know man.......I just expect more from this team but their manager has set them on coast mode.

Which may be fine when u have a huge lead but I worry that this team will not be able to flip the switch.

I also want no part of playing the Astros in the 1st round as they have home field advantage. 

2 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Come on. TA and Robert aren’t just a garden variety “couple of starters”. I think we can all agree sitting Collins for Zevala (or Vice versa) and sitting Cesar for Leury would not even close to the same thing as sitting TA for Mendick and Robert for Goodwin. The problem is amplified by Grandal still being out. You can’t take a team like this and subtract offensive / defensive weapons like TA and Robert and sub in scrub AAAA players and expect close to the same results 

I was responding to a post about yesterday’s weak lineup somehow affecting them mentally today. 

1 minute ago, 2Deep said:

I dont know man.......I just expect more from this team but their manager has set them on coast mode.

Which may be fine when u have a huge lead but I worry that this team will not be able to flip the switch.

I also want no part of playing the Astros in the 1st round as they have home field advantage. 

Nothing about how this team is playing right now suggests they can flip the switch.  I can only hope that by September everyone is healthy and the ‘load management’ is balanced out by getting the whole team clicking and playing well entering October.