GT 8/22: SOX @ TB, 12:10

Just now, RG23SoxFan said:

yes, there is a difference between saying it doesn't matter at all and putting too much importance on it.  If postseason success hinges on getting home field advantage I don't like your chances anyways.

You are correct, it doesn’t all hinge on it but our chances for advancing are a lot better with it and they should at least be making the effort to get it. 

1 minute ago, Soxfest said:

Vaughn's inability to drive in 2 out runs becoming a huge issue, rookie or not!

I'm not sure how he's so bad. He swings at absolute crap when he's got runners on base. 

I don't really know what to make of Vaughn's RISP struggles. I can't find the splits with 2 outs and RISP, but with RISP overall, his strikeout rate is better than in non RISP situations and his pull rate is down significantly as well. It's obvious just from watching he seems to look uncomfortable in these situations, but nothing in the numbers really jumps out that he's doing wrong.

Watching that AB to Meadows just now, whose idea was it for Bummer to throw him a sinker on the first pitch on Friday? You gotta slider him to death if you got a lefty pitching, especially one with as good of a slider as Bummer. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, T R U said:

There was literally a poster a couple pages ago saying it didn’t matter. 

Not sure if you're referring to me but didn't say anything about it not mattering at all.  Playing guys who physically aren't feeling well with a large lead just to get home field advantage doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

1 minute ago, RG23SoxFan said:

Not sure if you're referring to me but didn't say anything about it not mattering at all.  Playing guys who physically aren't feeling well with a large lead just to get home field advantage doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Well, it will work out well for them.  They'll get plenty of rest in October.

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Wouldn't that show up with more strikeouts or pulling the ball more? That isn't what's actually happening. I don't understand why he's struggling to this degree. It makes 0 sense.

I bet his exit velocity is way down. Seems like a ton of weak pop ups