GT 8/22: SOX @ TB, 12:10

5 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Ruiz does not deserve a playoff roster spot

I don't think he'll get one. I think they'll carry 12 pitchers, and they will be Lynn/Rodon/Giolito/Cease starting and then Hendriks/Kimbrel/Kopech/Tepera/Lopez in RH relief and Crochet/Bummer/Keuchel in LH relief.

For me Ruiz lines up 2nd behind Burr as next in line in case of injuries.

26 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

August 22 and this old asshole is still trying to "get a feel" for what guys he wants in what situations? Fuck outta here

Hey ol' fuckhead, now you know when you can use this stiff: when you're punting or you're up or down 8 runs. Dude fucking sucks

• Thanks 1

The team struggling to this extent without TA highlights how important it is they add quality SS depth this off-season.

One of the premium SS that are free agents this winter will end up getting squeezed out and sign a 1 year deal like Semien did with the Jays. The Sox need to be all over that as an upgrade over Cesar and depth addition behind TA.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Or the 2005 White Sox. Late August to the middle of September wasn’t exactly stellar.

Ironically I recall TLR's lineup being pretty regular after moving Fisk up in the lineup early in the season.

Result: 99 wins (ok maybe they weren't rested enough by the time the played Baltimore in the ALCS)

Team is now 1-5 in games TA hasn't played in since the ASB. We've scored a grand total of 13 runs in those 6 games. 

The lone win was mostly because Berrios got tired and completely lost it in the 7th inning of a double header. 

Edited by chw42

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Team is now 1-5 in games TA hasn't played in since the ASB. We've scored a grand total of 13 runs in those 5 games. 

Completely different team without him in the lineup.

Edited by SoxAce

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

The team struggling to this extent without TA highlights how important it is they add quality SS depth this off-season.

One of the premium SS that are free agents this winter will end up getting squeezed out and sign a 1 year deal like Semien did with the Jays. The Sox need to be all over that as an upgrade over Cesar and depth addition behind TA.

Yes, the Sox need a lefty or switch hitting 2B who can also handle SS. Push Cesar to the Leury Garcia role.

Just checked the score....I don't understand?  Gordon Beckham said yesterday that they were set up great for today's game.  Oh well he also said these games don't really matter so I guess I need to be ok with it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Just checked the score....I don't understand?  Gordon Beckham said yesterday that they were set up great for today's game.  Oh well he also said these games don't really matter so I guess I need to be ok with it.

Maybe he doesn't realize yet how important TA is + doesn't realize how overrated Crochet is & how god awful Ruiz is

• Like 1