COVID Thread Part Deux

Chisoxfn

10 hours ago, raBBit said:

I wouldn't expect my post that had nothing to do with anything related to those countries to explain something going on in those countries. 

Simple, being overweight or obese has nothing with the health problems related to Delta that are plaguing the rest of the world at this time.  There has always been more of a correlation with age than any single factor at play.

While being overweight certainly exacerbates conditions for the hospitalized patients, there's zero evidence (for example) that a healthy person without a vaccine is better off than an obese or fat person who has been doubled vaccinated with an mRNA vaccine, especially Moderna.

Simply looking at the UK, Israel and USA in isolation doesn't do much of anything.

Now perhaps if you could prove that Sweden had more overweight people than Finland/Denmark/Norway...and that their death rate or health outcomes have been similar despite completely different approaches to the pandemic, you'd have a more interesting conclusion.  But not one that necessarily backs up your hypothesis.

13 hours ago, StrangeSox said:

I suggested that kids should be masked in schools and the teachers should be mandated to be vaccinated and my former state representative, a Republican, said Pritzker wouldn’t do it.

Well he just did. It’s better news for my wife since she’s vaccinated and her coworkers will have to get vaccinated too. Now if only my son, a 9 month old, could only get the vaccine, then we wouldn’t have to worry about covid at daycare even if he’s already battling his first cold and another common condition from daycare.

My employer mandated vaccines the other day, making it so that if you aren’t vaccinated, you can’t travel, go on appointments or meet with the general public unless you have a medical or religious exemption (I’m no theologian, but I would love for someone to explain that to me) approved through HR. And masks need to be worn if people go back to an office. (Until I find a new job, I won’t be going to the office since there’s no point.) Anyway, I am curious if people who I know are more conservative or live in rural states will actually get the vaccine or will leave. I wonder if we see a mass exodus or if people will stay and comply, since it is likely other employers may follow suit.

Lastly, I wonder if vaccine mandates will make it to the Supreme Court and if they will be upheld because of Jacobson v. Massachusetts. We will see…

Edited by The Beast

Seems like the booster on all of them is significantly stronger than the original one dose or two dose shots anyone got. 

So even if only half of the people who got the vaccine got the booster - that combined with kids and non vaccinated people getting vaccinated as well as more people having got delta (thus some immunity for those that overcame it)…that has to be a good sign when we fast forward a few months…and fact more people are getting vaccine has to be a good thing so maybe we are a few weeks away from what could be the sustained real good trend we expected. 

The wild card being with delta we are going to see more school spread than last year (both delta being more contagious and fact that much higher percentage of kids back in school). 

8 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Seems like the booster on all of them is significantly stronger than the original one dose or two dose shots anyone got. 

So even if only half of the people who got the vaccine got the booster - that combined with kids and non vaccinated people getting vaccinated as well as more people having got delta (thus some immunity for those that overcame it)…that has to be a good sign when we fast forward a few months…and fact more people are getting vaccine has to be a good thing so maybe we are a few weeks away from what could be the sustained real good trend we expected. 

The wild card being with delta we are going to see more school spread than last year (both delta being more contagious and fact that much higher percentage of kids back in school). 

And less schools taking precautions against COVID in hot spots.

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

And less schools taking precautions against COVID in hot spots.

It is crazy schools arent required to distance and mask up - especially given how delta is more infectious for kids. Risks won’t go away but they are certainly reduced which seems like a no brained but hey what do I know. 

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

It is crazy schools arent required to distance and mask up - especially given how delta is more infectious for kids. Risks won’t go away but they are certainly reduced which seems like a no brained but hey what do I know. 

And not just not required, but certain states even banned allowing mask requirements.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

And not just not required, but certain states even banned allowing mask requirements.

My state will be the same once the crazy recall goes through and some person with like 25 percent of the vote gets in. 

Serious question not trying to flame. I really wonder and want advice. ...

I usually/always get the flu vaccine in late September. I've heard the Shingles 2 shots are vital cause Shingles is NASTY. I have taken 2 doses of Moderna and they say boosters are on the way.

"Common sense" tells me if I get all the vaccines ... that's a lot of "stuff" cascading thru my body. So ... flu shot? I've heard nothing about the flu the past 12 months? Shingles? Booster? Wat's a person to do? Get all vaccined up with all of 'em or ?

8 hours ago, greg775 said:

I usually/always get the flu vaccine in late September. I've heard the Shingles 2 shots are vital cause Shingles is NASTY. I have taken 2 doses of Moderna and they say boosters are on the way.

"Common sense" tells me if I get all the vaccines ... that's a lot of "stuff" cascading thru my body. So ... flu shot? I've heard nothing about the flu the past 12 months? Shingles? Booster? Wat's a person to do? Get all vaccined up with all of 'em or ?

Flu last year was largely stamped out by what non-pharmaceutical interventions we were doing, whether they were official policies or just people taking more precautionary measures. Masking, distancing, remote learning/working, fewer people having big parties and gathering, etc. kept flu cases and deaths down to record lows. Some NPI's are coming back again now with mask mandates or at least "guidance," but a lot of the closure/remote NPI's won't be. I'd expect flu season to be higher than last year for sure.

I'd get whatever the typical recommended schedule is, so flu, covid booster, shingles (age-dependent), and pneumonia if you fit the risk profile. Getting multiple vaccines in a year or closely together is pretty common. Here's the recommended vaccination schedule for young children:

hufRf9R.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, greg775 said:

Just go ask your doctor Greg. I mean, unless you're on an all natural diet, you've got a ton of shit going through your body, but just go ask a medical professional.

14 hours ago, greg775 said:

Ask your doctor. My wife and I are getting the flu vaccine because she is a teacher and we both want to protect our son the best that we can.

The Student Council at my high school is proposing a vaccination drive and would like our district to allow us to be mask optional if we can prove an 85% vaccination rate. 

I have mixed feeling about the idea. I applaud our StuCo for tackling a major project and issue. I'm not so certain about mask optional even if we reach 85%. I doubt that dog will hunt so it's more a theoretical debate. 

10 hours ago, Texsox said:

The Student Council at my high school is proposing a vaccination drive and would like our district to allow us to be mask optional if we can prove an 85% vaccination rate. 

I have mixed feeling about the idea. I applaud our StuCo for tackling a major project and issue. I'm not so certain about mask optional even if we reach 85%. I doubt that dog will hunt so it's more a theoretical debate. 

I would have picked 90% with the current knowledge, but I would strongly support that effort. It should be treated like the measles vaccine and mandatory, but well, you know. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Big pharma and government needed him out if the way to continue their tyranny. I’m sure the Clintons had him murdered. 

Is this a data point that some people need? 

10 minutes ago, Quin said:

People out here ready to go to jail just so they can have fake vaccination cards.

The scary thing about the second story is that lady was working with a person who was putting those names in the system so they appear completely valid if you cross check.  And apparently there were 13 frontline workers that were involved in this shit show, who knows if any of them were exposed