COVID Thread Part Deux

Chisoxfn

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

Then get the word out to the MANY MANY anti vaxxers. They are scared to take the vax and do not trust the government with their health. If this is true then there should be a lot more people willing to get vaxxed. Count the number of people unwilling to take the jab(s). They are not all just conspiracy theorist nutjobs. They are worried about their own health if they get vaxxed. Just cause many of us disagree with them doesn't mean they are all kooks. Lotta Americans won't' be vaxxed. Wishing it won't make that fact go away.

If millions of dead people aren't good enough for you, nothing I say will be.  

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Greg I think you should investigate your anecdotal stories a little further.  Or explain "problems" and how they are directly related to the vaccine.  Those sort of things are supposed to be reported and investigated

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE SWOLLEN BALLS KYYLE???

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, greg775 said:

Statistics being totally ignored by the media. I'm sure you agree any post about reactions to the vaccines are met with dismissal on social media. You can find the information on Covid deaths and hospitalizations in any town in the country. Vaccine problems? Nah. Good luck hunting for figures. If you have a way to find them quickly, please send me links.

Please provide the statistics you say are being ignored by the media. I don’t want other posters to do it for you, I want you to provide it. Let’s see your data Greg. No anecdotes. DATA!

3 hours ago, greg775 said:

Then get the word out to the MANY MANY anti vaxxers. They are scared to take the vax and do not trust the government with their health. If this is true then there should be a lot more people willing to get vaxxed. Count the number of people unwilling to take the jab(s). They are not all just conspiracy theorist nutjobs. They are worried about their own health if they get vaxxed. Just cause many of us disagree with them doesn't mean they are all kooks. Lotta Americans won't' be vaxxed. Wishing it won't make that fact go away.

I think many have tried getting the word out to the vaccine hesitant and anti-vaxxers. But they clearly have made their choice and can’t be swayed by anything. It literally takes a death to someone close to them to change their minds.

• Love 1

I work in the injury compensation field, and have pretty extensive experience with my agency of people (literally more than a thousand) who have been sick and filed injury claims because they have had COVID-19. I am not aware of any who have missed more than a day or two of work and filed claims because of a bad reaction to the vaccine. And I’d venture to say most who missed work because of a vaccine reaction only took time off because it was offered in advance as part of a liberal leave policy to encourage people to get vaccinated.

Edited by Middle Buffalo

20 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

I work in the injury compensation field, and have pretty extensive experience with my agency of people (literally more than a thousand) who have been sick and filed injury claims because they have had COVID-19. I am not aware of any who have missed more than a day or two of work and filed claims because of a bad reaction to the vaccine. And I’d venture to say most who missed work because of a vaccine reaction only took time off because it was offered in advance as part of a liberal leave policy to encourage people to get vaccinated.

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE BALLS!!!!

• Haha 2

Should we even discuss Covid anymore? Lets get consistent, USA. 15 people in a restaurant in NYC a problem. 100,000 in Vegas for Eilish last week, ah no problem. Border with thousands of unvaxxed immigrants, no problem. One big LOL at the inconsistencies. Skim this video to the crowd shots. Not one mask. Oh it was outside, I forgot. No wonder parents get mad when they tell kids to vax and yet these things happen. Hilarious. By the way a thread on Reddit has several people saying yes they have tested positive since the 3 day festival in Vegas.

Edited by greg775
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Adverse reactions to the vaccine are about as close to zero as is humanly possible.  700,000 covid deaths and this is what you want to talk about.

But if we get vaccinated and wear a mask the Democrats win. 

6 hours ago, greg775 said:

Should we even discuss Covid anymore? Lets get consistent, USA. 15 people in a restaurant in NYC a problem. 100,000 in Vegas for Eilish last week, ah no problem. Border with thousands of unvaxxed immigrants, no problem. One big LOL at the inconsistencies. Skim this video to the crowd shots. Not one mask. Oh it was outside, I forgot. No wonder parents get mad when they tell kids to vax and yet these things happen. Hilarious. By the way a thread on Reddit has several people saying yes they have tested positive since the 3 day festival in Vegas.

Data please. Links.

7 hours ago, greg775 said:

So what you are proposing is a more detailed tracking and isolation system modeled after Southeast Asian countries.  Interesting.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, greg775 said:

Also Greg, you have to understand that  every county and every state is different. You can try, but you can’t do a consistent strategy across the board. And while this issue is still an issue that affects all of our lives, we are going to discuss it. If you want to use this example, then fine, but be ready for the biker convention example and the superspreader that was.

As for the border, that isn’t an easy solution and is one that evaded several administrations. Plus the congress won’t act to get it done. Look what happened in 2013, the bipartisan bill passed the senate easily and Boehner wouldn’t bring it to the floor so it died in the house. Solutions on immigration are easier said than done.

5 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

So what you are proposing is a more detailed tracking and isolation system modeled after Southeast Asian countries.  Interesting.

No just the opposite because of the hypocrisy.

This may seen combative but what I'm proposing is go ahead and do the science and offer the vaccines offer the boosters (people can get them if they want) and get COVID out of the news with no restrictions anywhere cause everybody's going to eventually get Covid the way we as a country are acting. And the way we are acting is fair to concert goers and not to business owners and school kids.

How fair is it that NYC restaurant owners have to check covid passports and have their businesses hurt when 100,000 people are in Vegas at a concert spreading covid all over the place; ditto the border with illegals pouring in spreading Covid all over the place?

I'm actually opposite of what you said. No testing; no vaccine passports. Let people do whatever they want because it's stupid and silly and unfair to have 100,000 people climbing all over each other in one venue and we're debating whether school children have to wear masks in a building with a few people compared to a concert venue.

People wonder why people won't get vaxxed? Of course they trust nobody with their bodies when the inconsistencies are going on every day. It's unfair for my barber to still have all these rules when he can fly to Vegas and go to the Billie Eilish concert or the Green Day concert then fly back. Not a mask in site at that concert. Hilarious.

Please explain your position to me why this hypocrisy is fair. Really interested to hear.

Edited by greg775

1 hour ago, The Beast said:

Also Greg, you have to understand that  every county and every state is different. You can try, but you can’t do a consistent strategy across the board. And while this issue is still an issue that affects all of our lives, we are going to discuss it. If you want to use this example, then fine, but be ready for the biker convention example and the superspreader that was.

As for the border, that isn’t an easy solution and is one that evaded several administrations. Plus the congress won’t act to get it done. Look what happened in 2013, the bipartisan bill passed the senate easily and Boehner wouldn’t bring it to the floor so it died in the house. Solutions on immigration are easier said than done.

Fair post

But it's part of what I am saying. Because of what you said, let's offer the vaccines and boosters and just stop discussing COVID. As long as all this hypocrisy is happening let's move on. Check Reddit ... people at the three-day Vegas festival are reporting they are vaxxed and indeed got Covid at the Life Is Beautiful festival. How many are spreading it on the plane ride home? How many? How many are spreading it a day after they return to California from the festival? It's all ridiculous and unfair when you tell a person in a restaurant to show their papers or not get in. I appreciate your post though.

Edited by greg775

1 hour ago, The Beast said:

Solutions on immigration are easier said than done.

True, but if we were consistent on Covid, we'd say, uh, get in line for your vaccination shots; get in line to show us you are vaccinated or turn around and go home. ... This is supposed to be a worldwide Covid crisis. But instead, put on your masks fifth graders, we care about preventing Covid spread. Sure we do.

6 hours ago, The Beast said:

Data please. Links.

Wat are you talking about? Data that there was a concert of 100,000? Links to that? It happened. Check the video. The restaurant restrictions are happening.  The fact nobody at the border is tested is in the news. Psaki confirmed it to Peter Doocy question. Do all of you that want data deny there's hypocrisy all over this issue? I'm just saying. Let the biker rallies and concerts happen. Let's stop discussing Covid. Offer the vaccines and boosters, let whomever wnts em get em, and let my church have its regular octoberfest when the Billie Eilish concert goers are fine to do their thing in a true superspreader.

I'm trying unsuccessfully to point out reasons people won't get vacced. All of this is part of it. No trust. Why is it ok to go to Eilish concert and not a 150 person octoberfest? What results is distrust. Distrust for many means no vaxx.

Edited by greg775

21 minutes ago, greg775 said:

No just the opposite because of the hypocrisy.

This may seen combative but what I'm proposing is go ahead and do the science and offer the vaccines offer the boosters (people can get them if they want) and get COVID out of the news with no restrictions anywhere cause everybody's going to eventually get Covid the way we as a country are acting. And the way we are acting is fair to concert goers and not to business owners and school kids.

How fair is it that NYC restaurant owners have to check covid passports and have their businesses hurt when 100,000 people are in Vegas at a concert spreading covid all over the place; ditto the border with illegals pouring in spreading Covid all over the place?

I'm actually opposite of what you said. No testing; no vaccine passports. Let people do whatever they want because it's stupid and silly and unfair to have 100,000 people climbing all over each other in one venue and we're debating whether school children have to wear masks in a building with a few people compared to a concert venue.

People wonder why people won't get vaxxed? Of course they trust nobody with their bodies when the inconsistencies are going on every day. It's unfair for my barber to still have all these rules when he can fly to Vegas and go to the Billie Eilish concert or the Green Day concert then fly back. Not a mask in site at that concert. Hilarious.

Please explain your position to me why this hypocrisy is fair. Really interested to hear.

Legal murder. Interesting. 

Good article here on why all opinions on an issue should be welcomed in a functioning society. With the great Bill Maher the voice of reason again. Consider this point of view when deciding my comments are not worth perusing at least.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/real-time-bill-maher-examines-033512105.html

Greg are you talking about the 3 day Billie Eilish (plus others) concert last weekend where all people attending need to provide proof of vaccination or negative test result for entry

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/three-day-life-beautiful-vegas-concert-requiring-proof-vaccine-negative-test-1618482%3famp=1

because if this is your proof that a large gathering is bad because anyone could attend this concert while infected doesn't really hold up, now does it

54 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Greg are you talking about the 3 day Billie Eilish (plus others) concert last weekend where all people attending need to provide proof of vaccination or negative test result for entry

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/three-day-life-beautiful-vegas-concert-requiring-proof-vaccine-negative-test-1618482%3famp=1

because if this is your proof that a large gathering is bad because anyone could attend this concert while infected doesn't really hold up, now does it

I've tried but I cant find the reddit post of all the people who have been vaxxed who came down with covid at Life is Beautiful 3 day event in Vegas. Suffice it to say I read them. Those who have been vaxxed are still getting covid and if they checked for ID cards at Eilish good for them. I don't see how it changes anything I've written here.

Lol Eilish concert had 100k?

Lol biker rallies?

How bout the 10s of millions of college football fans crawling all over each other?

Baseball, NFL, Lolla…10s of millions protesting…bikers

So what’s the overall weekly attendance at all sporting events now- high school through the pros.  50 million+?

A few isolated superspreader events lol?

Yea let’s check vaccine cards at the pizza shop

• Thanks 1

Fair post

But it's part of what I am saying. Because of what you said, let's offer the vaccines and boosters and just stop discussing COVID. As long as all this hypocrisy is happening let's move on. Check Reddit ... people at the three-day Vegas festival are reporting they are vaxxed and indeed got Covid at the Life Is Beautiful festival. How many are spreading it on the plane ride home? How many? How many are spreading it a day after they return to California from the festival? It's all ridiculous and unfair when you tell a person in a restaurant to show their papers or not get in. I appreciate your post though.

We are not going to stop discussing COVID because the we aren’t able to move past this virus. Just because people are vaccinated doesn’t mean they can’t get the virus. I’d rather combat the virus than say, “oh well, we’re all going to get it anyway.” I’ll take my chances with the vaccine than not having the vaccine and getting the virus.

As for the restaurant, it’s all about your perspective. Just like my ID for alcohol, I have no problem showing anything to go somewhere, just like I had no problem providing proof of vaccination to my employer.

True, but if we were consistent on Covid, we'd say, uh, get in line for your vaccination shots; get in line to show us you are vaccinated or turn around and go home. ... This is supposed to be a worldwide Covid crisis. But instead, put on your masks fifth graders, we care about preventing Covid spread. Sure we do.

The masks are fine in schools. All these parents going and bitching to school boards are laughable. My wife’s district had a kid who was home schooled (because it was their choice to rather than go to the public school) show up and b**** about the mask mandate to the board. They want to make a choice and choices have consequences. You mentioned the border so I’m giving you some perspective on why that can’t fully get under control. Look at the legislative history on the policy because the list of reforms are short.

Wat are you talking about? Data that there was a concert of 100,000? Links to that? It happened. Check the video. The restaurant restrictions are happening.  The fact nobody at the border is tested is in the news. Psaki confirmed it to Peter Doocy question. Do all of you that want data deny there's hypocrisy all over this issue? I'm just saying. Let the biker rallies and concerts happen. Let's stop discussing Covid. Offer the vaccines and boosters, let whomever wnts em get em, and let my church have its regular octoberfest when the Billie Eilish concert goers are fine to do their thing in a true superspreader.

I'm trying unsuccessfully to point out reasons people won't get vacced. All of this is part of it. No trust. Why is it ok to go to Eilish concert and not a 150 person octoberfest? What results is distrust. Distrust for many means no vaxx.

A couple of things. Number one, Sturgis Motor Cycle Rally. Number two, local governmental control. Number three, go to a concert locally, who is stopping you?

Please provide links to data about the statistics you said are being ignored by the media. The things you are talking about is about local control. The people coming to the country are being processed and many deported. 

Things are happening. In Illinois you can go to school, you just need to wear a mask or at some colleges, be vaccinated. You have to wear a mask indoors. Big whoop. I don’t feel like my rights are being infringed on. Clearly where the vaccination rates are low there is distrust. And lots of states have no restrictions so I don’t know what you are referring to about restrictions.

Edited by The Beast

10 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Lol Eilish concert had 100k?

Lol biker rallies?

How bout the 10s of millions of college football fans crawling all over each other?

Baseball, NFL, Lolla…10s of millions protesting…bikers

So what’s the overall weekly attendance at all sporting events now- high school through the pros.  50 million+?

A few isolated superspreader events lol?

Yea let’s check vaccine cards at the pizza shop

So does this happen in your area? How does it affect you?

2 hours ago, greg775 said:

I've tried but I cant find the reddit post of all the people who have been vaxxed who came down with covid at Life is Beautiful 3 day event in Vegas. Suffice it to say I read them. Those who have been vaxxed are still getting covid and if they checked for ID cards at Eilish good for them. I don't see how it changes anything I've written here.

So how many times must we explain that the vaccine doesn't prevent the virus completely and you can still come down with it, but the vaccine will help teach your body how to fight it off.  It's like you just want to keep stringing along this argument where you pretend not to understand....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1