COVID Thread Part Deux

Chisoxfn

17 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

So how many times must we explain that the vaccine doesn't prevent the virus completely and you can still come down with it, but the vaccine will help teach your body how to fight it off.  It's like you just want to keep stringing along this argument where you pretend not to understand....

He.Does.Not.Care.

On 9/21/2021 at 12:14 PM, Quin said:

That tweet really sums it up the best.

Let's say you get a nasty breakthrough case - maybe you have a naturally weak immune system. No treatment.

Unvaccinated person that has decided to help prolong this pandemic and clog hospitals? Step right up!

Glad I moved to this godforesaken place!

4 hours ago, Jerksticks said:

Lol Eilish concert had 100k?

Lol biker rallies?

How bout the 10s of millions of college football fans crawling all over each other?

Baseball, NFL, Lolla…10s of millions protesting…bikers

So what’s the overall weekly attendance at all sporting events now- high school through the pros.  50 million+?

A few isolated superspreader events lol?

Yea let’s check vaccine cards at the pizza shop

Excellent post by jerksticks. Those who are vaccined are getting covid. Here in Lawrence, KU coach Bill Self got Covid in a high school gym and he's been double vaxxed. Rogan was vaxxed and got it. Those two women on the View got it Friday and are vaxxed. So yes your post is on spot here. What I've been trying to say is the vaccine hesitant have the right to not be vaxxed when the country is allowing all this stuff. If they are checking vaccine cards, big deal, like I said the vaxxed are contracting Covid and spreading it too. Like jerksticks said it's criminal to check vaccine cards at the pizza shop in NYC or anywhere when 100,000 go to a michigan football game. U wonder why the anti vaccers don't trust the government when folks are streaming over the border with Covid or getting bussed or flown to cities all over the USA as well? This is not just a pandemic of the unvaccinated like politicans say; there's a lot of people at fault.

Edited by greg775
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

So how many times must we explain that the vaccine doesn't prevent the virus completely and you can still come down with it, but the vaccine will help teach your body how to fight it off.  It's like you just want to keep stringing along this argument where you pretend not to understand....

So if the double vax and booster don't prevent the virus completely (the 'mild cases in the double vacced actually have been fairly nasty; Chris Rock said it's something you don't want to get), it still seems wacky to allow 100,000 people at football games and concerts where the vaxxed still are going to get covid and spread it.

The anti vaxxers can still claim distrust of politicians and scientists when all this hypocrisy is going on. The anti vaxxers say 'it's my body. I ain't trusting these people with double standards.'

Edited by greg775
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

I do hope when I get Covid (it seems with all the new variants it's inevitable) the vaccine in me does keep my case mild. I consider lost of taste and smell to be a big deal not a small inconvenience. Not to mention the possible breathing problems. It's alarming that the people I know who have been vaxxed and got covid anyway have had some pretty annoying symptoms. Nobody I konw that has been vaxxed has been hospitalized but there are cases of vaxxed people being hospitalized when they get covid.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, greg775 said:

So if the double vax and booster don't prevent the virus completely (the 'mild cases in the double vacced actually have been fairly nasty; Chris Rock said it's something you don't want to get), it still seems wacky to allow 100,000 people at football games and concerts where the vaxxed still are going to get covid and spread it.

The anti vaxxers can still claim distrust of politicians and scientists when all this hypocrisy is going on. The anti vaxxers say 'it's my body. I ain't trusting these people with double standards.'

Alright, good talk

3 hours ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

I don’t get why people respond to him.  Either a troll (always been my guess), intentional ignorant or remarkably dumb.  Either way, if everyone ignores him he goes away.  

I am not the only person who feels the way I do. I've never understood why people don't welcome hearing dissenting points of view from their own. At the very least you can say to your friends, 'My gosh I didn't know people were this dumb. Guess what this guy on the White Sox board thinks?' One of the biggest problems in the USA today is people don't want to hear dissenting views for some reason. I want to hear all views all the time. For instance I used to hate Bill Maher. Now after listening to him every week I find I agree with some of his views disagree with others but enjoy hearing all his takes. Same with Howard Stern. He is totally against anti vaxxers. He wants mandatory vaccines; I don't. I still LOVE Stern.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1

What I want to know is why we're assuming illegal immigrants from Haiti (or, in general, from Central and South America) are bringing Covid-19 into the US at higher rates than the US population is already spreading it in some of those same border or immigration-heavy states like Texas, Florida and Arizona?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, greg775 said:

I am not the only person who feels the way I do. I've never understood why people don't welcome hearing dissenting points of view from their own. At the very least you can say to your friends, 'My gosh I didn't know people were this dumb. Guess what this guy on the White Sox board thinks?' One of the biggest problems in the USA today is people don't want to hear dissenting views for some reason. I want to hear all views all the time. For instance I used to hate Bill Maher. Now after listening to him every week I find I agree with some of his views disagree with others but enjoy hearing all his takes. Same with Howard Stern. He is totally against anti vaxxers. He wants mandatory vaccines; I don't. I still LOVE Stern.

Why do you always go back to Joe Rogan, Howard Stern and Bill Maher in your posts? Nobody cares what talking heads think.

Focus on this point Greg. The vaccines are not designed to be 100% effective. Breakthrough infections can occur. The idea is that your body gets the instructions it needs to fight off the virus. Maybe the vaccine hesitant need to look at that rather than say, I won’t get the vaccine because “it won’t stop me from getting covid,” “it won’t stop me from spreading covid,” “the long term safety hasn’t been tested,” “there have been injuries and deaths caused by it” and “the drug makers are not liable for the damage or injury caused.” That’s a stupid meme I saw yesterday. It requires some context, but some people are too stubborn or stupid to understand context or nuance.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

What I want to know is why we're assuming illegal immigrants from Haiti (or, in general, from Central and South America) are bringing Covid-19 into the US at higher rates than the US population is already spreading it in some of those same border or immigration-heavy states like Texas, Florida and Arizona?

Hmmm…I can’t think of anything about Haitians, Central, and South Americans that would make good, red-blooded Americans feel differently about them. I’ll have to think about this a little more..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigSqwert said:

I also think Greg has confused the words cure and vaccine.

I think people who are vaccine hesitant or find excuses mistake the vaccine for a cure. But they also disregard how there’s still breakthrough infections and use those to drive the narrative not to get it.

• Like 1

There's a doctor in Michigan that has said that dying Covid patients are still denying they have the disease with their last breaths. They also say they would rather die than take the vaccine. Then they die. And health care providers get a great deal of hostility from families of dying patients if there is a diagnosis of Covid. This kind of thinking and denial is just plainly insane.

Dr, Fauci and many other medical professionals have received death threats. There is a potential for violence if someone is asked to wear a fucking mask. There is something wrong with our society and it is going to get worse. And please, Greg, no more of your inane conspiracy theories. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Middle Buffalo said:

He also confuses facts and opinions, so this is no surprise.

I think the bigger problem that he and millions of others have is not understanding the difference between anecdotal evidence and statistical evidence. We almost all know vaccinated people who got COVID, and a few of us maybe even know a vaccinated person who got really sick and maybe even died. We might also know someone who had some complications from the vaccine.

That doesn't change the hard data that vaccination reduces the chances of getting COVID, the chances of requiring hostpitalization if you do get it, and the chances of death if you do require hospitalization, and the complications from vaccinations are much rarer than complications from getting the actual virus. No amount of sharing of anecdotes on Facebook can overcome that reality.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

I think the bigger problem that he and millions of others have is not understanding the difference between anecdotal evidence and statistical evidence. We almost all know vaccinated people who got COVID, and a few of us maybe even know a vaccinated person who got really sick and maybe even died. We might also know someone who had some complications from the vaccine.

That doesn't change the hard data that vaccination reduces the chances of getting COVID, the chances of requiring hostpitalization if you do get it, and the chances of death if you do require hospitalization, and the complications from vaccinations are much rarer than complications from getting the actual virus. No amount of sharing of anecdotes on Facebook can overcome that reality.

This is true too. There are too many people with anecdotal evidence and sharable memes of misinformation that the vaccine hesitant chose to read and listen to this rather than even consider the statistical evidence. It’s sad.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NWINFan said:

There is something wrong with our society and it is going to get worse.

I've tried to point out how some of society thinks about the vaccine issue (my opinions are not mine alone believe me) and basically nobody wants to hear this side. Think that might give a little hint on a tiny scale "what's wrong with our society?" We can't handle dissent from our own opinions anymore and the result is half the country screaming at the other half because admit it or not, in most cases people are saying "I AM RIGHT YOU ARE WRONG." Or saying much worse than that. It's going to lead to an official split in the country. When? Who knows. From what I've seen it's too late. No room for discussion or compromise for the most part.

And I'm saying both sides are at fault here in terms of not listening, reflecting on both sides of an issue.

Edited by greg775

33 minutes ago, The Beast said:

This is true too. There are too many people with anecdotal evidence and sharable memes of misinformation that the vaccine hesitant chose to read and listen to this rather than even consider the statistical evidence. It’s sad.

I find your posts fair for the most part. Thank u.

3 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

That doesn't change the hard data that vaccination reduces the chances of getting COVID, the chances of requiring hostpitalization if you do get it, and the chances of death if you do require hospitalization, and the complications from vaccinations are much rarer than complications from getting the actual virus.

That's pretty much why I got vaccinated and I'm sure will get the third shot. I may not word it correctly on here, but most of my decision is what u just wrote. I should print that out and hand to some of the vaccine hesitant I know.  Yes I have concerns about other aspects of Covid that I express on here (and are shared by many) but that's why I got the jabs. I think that's the common sense approach to this and should be the conclusion EVERYBODY draws on whether they should be vaxxed or not. I do recognize their right to disagree.

My personal concern right now is people who are vaxxed are still getting Covid and that worries me as I prefer not getting it EVER. But in conclusion, your statement here is why I of my own free will got vaxxed twice so far.

Edited by greg775