COVID Thread Part Deux

Chisoxfn

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Ok, you are right. Clearly opening baseball stadiums was a mistake. The surge in Texas completely proves your point and it is irrefutable and fully consistent with the argument you just made that the large data set of a surge following that opening. Thank you for admitting you you were wrong last spring.

image.png

Clearly the Rangers are responsible for COVID cases...declining for 3.5 months after their home opener...

Keep talking to yourself and knocking down the arguments you make for others. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, raBBit said:

image.png

Clearly the Rangers are responsible for COVID cases...declining for 3.5 months after their home opener...

Keep talking to yourself and knocking down the arguments you make for others. 

In any case, the reason cases were/are up was/is because of the delta variant not because of a masks. There is no correlation between mask mandates and cases going down if you're looking at a larger samples (countries, major metros, etc.) over a timeframe capturing the duration of the COVID pandemic.

Well, you rejected the turnaround in case numbers starting 2 weeks after the first mask mandate was issued last year, so clearly you argument that ballparks are the main cause of the last peak must be much stronger. 

Draymond Green brings it. He says this vaccine fight seems political. You don't say. I'm surprised twitter allows his statements to be on there without a warning or removal. Love when people are allowed to speak out like the old days. ... Also like LeBron's position which is rare for me. He isn't gonna go telling peeps what to do. Personal decisions are personal decisions IMO.

Love your posts, Rabbit. GO SOX in postseason baby!

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/warriors-green-says-not-his-place-tell-team-mate-get-vaccinated-2021-10-01/

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Draymond Green brings it. He says this vaccine fight seems political. You don't say. I'm surprised twitter allows his statements to be on there without a warning or removal. Love when people are allowed to speak out like the old days. ... Also like LeBron's position which is rare for me. He isn't gonna go telling peeps what to do. Personal decisions are personal decisions IMO.

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/warriors-green-says-not-his-place-tell-team-mate-get-vaccinated-2021-10-01/

So I presume you agree that no one should tell anyone to not do drugs, wear a seat belt, drink and drive, have an abortion, beat their wife, etc.

PERSONAL DECISIONS BABY!

Edited by Soxbadger

6 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

So I presume you agree that no one should tell anyone to not do drugs, wear a seat belt, drink and drive, have an abortion, beat their wife, etc.

PERSONAL DECISONS BABY!

And if someone wanted to open a nuclear waste dump next door, he'd be all about it.

3 hours ago, greg775 said:

Lol…it’s only political because right wing conservatives have made it that way.  This a public health & safety issue that should go beyond personal freedoms.  People should not have the right to make a dumb decision that can affect the well-being of others.  That’s the exact reason we have these things called laws here.  But please continue to applaud people who support the right to make uninformed, dangerous decisions.

Nuclear waste is the Hitler of this discussion. 

When we can mitigate danger to others we allow people to choose. You don't have to wear your glasses,  unless you're going to drive on public roads. You can choose to get drunk,  but you can't drive. You don't have to wear shoes or shirt,  unless you want to enter a store. 

I'm all for allowing people to choose to not get vaccinated,  but you shouldn't be allowed in a public building or workplace. 

• Love 1

10 hours ago, Soxbadger said:

PERSONAL DECISIONS BABY!

At least listen to Draymond's comments on the video and tell me you don't agree. Cmon. He is spot on.

6 hours ago, greg775 said:

At least listen to Draymond's comments on the video and tell me you don't agree. Cmon. He is spot on.

What does he mean that it has become political? I’m not taking a Democratic or Republican stance here, it seems like it’s public health versus individual choice. Not all republicans refuse the vaccine. So if he wants to frame it as a public health debate versus individual choice, fine, but that’s better than saying “oh it’s all become political man.” Again, actions have consequences when it comes to employers and employees and local rules. They need to recognize that too.

5 hours ago, The Beast said:

What does he mean that it has become political? I’m not taking a Democratic or Republican stance here, it seems like it’s public health versus individual choice. Not all republicans refuse the vaccine. So if he wants to frame it as a public health debate versus individual choice, fine, but that’s better than saying “oh it’s all become political man.” Again, actions have consequences when it comes to employers and employees and local rules. They need to recognize that too.

What do you mean what does he mean? Did you listen to it? It's pretty obvious his feelings. I don't want to go speaking for him. I just think the video is pretty explanatory.

If this covid thing doesn't go away with all its variants, we're eventually going to have a ton of vaccines casdading through our bodies year after year. I got a notice for my flu shot since October hit. I'm still playing with fire not having been vaxxed for Shingles. And I'd bet moderna will be saying it's time for my next moderna shot soon. Personally I feel everybody's gonna get covid more than once. Last night 16,000 fans in KU arena. There was a mask mandate. Masks up, masks down a lot from attendees. Concerts happening all over, etc.

6 hours ago, BigSqwert said:

Every conservative friend I have has been vaccinated.

I know many conservatives who are adamantly pro vaccination. 

All of the unvaccinated I know are conservative. 

I only include posters here I've met IRL.

7 hours ago, BigSqwert said:

Every conservative friend I have has been vaccinated.

I personally know more Dems than Republicans that have refused the Jab. I live in Florida and in a county with a very large Senior Citizen population and older folks are a go for the vaccine, the Dems I know that refused the Jab are neighbors in their 40s and 50s. I play in a golf group 3 times a week and its mostly Republican with a few Democrats and we are all over 70 and we all have had the vaccine.  I think the issue is more to do with age than politics.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

18 hours ago, greg775 said:

What do you mean what does he mean? Did you listen to it? It's pretty obvious his feelings. I don't want to go speaking for him. I just think the video is pretty explanatory.

If this covid thing doesn't go away with all its variants, we're eventually going to have a ton of vaccines casdading through our bodies year after year. I got a notice for my flu shot since October hit. I'm still playing with fire not having been vaxxed for Shingles. And I'd bet moderna will be saying it's time for my next moderna shot soon. Personally I feel everybody's gonna get covid more than once. Last night 16,000 fans in KU arena. There was a mask mandate. Masks up, masks down a lot from attendees. Concerts happening all over, etc.

Yes I listened to what he said Greg, it’s not a political debate, it’s choice versus public health. Green can frame it that way but again, it comes down to an employer/employee/union/league relationships/rules and local rules. 

I really don’t care what becomes of the boosters and other shots year after year. It’s not control or any of the garbage people say. Right now the only thing I care about is getting my son vaccinated and any entity doing anything they can to beat the virus. 

16 hours ago, Texsox said:

I know many conservatives who are adamantly pro vaccination. 

All of the unvaccinated I know are conservative. 

I only include posters here I've met IRL.

The only conservatives I know who are unvaccinated are the MAGA crew and even they aren’t who I would call conservatives at least in the historical sense. 

15 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I personally know more Dems than Republicans that have refused the Jab. I live in Florida and in a county with a very large Senior Citizen population and older folks are a go for the vaccine, the Dems I know that refused the Jab are neighbors in their 40s and 50s. I play in a golf group 3 times a week and its mostly Republican with a few Democrats and we are all over 70 and we all have had the vaccine.  I think the issue is more to do with age than politics.

Do they have a specific reason for not getting vaccinated?

Any nurses/doctors wanna weigh in on the recent news regarding the vaccines being improperly administered?  Dr. John Campbell of the UK (he's been interviewed on CNN a few times) says all IM vaccines need to be aspirated to avoid the risk of intravenous injection, which can cause myopericarditis.

Myopericarditis has been in the news more than a few times as a possible (albeit rare, 1 in 121000) reaction to the vaccine.  Initially it was being written off as just an adverse reaction to the vaccine, but now it's being suggested by multiple doctors that this was likely caused by the vaccines not being aspirated to prevent injection into blood vessels.  

Neither of mine were aspirated and many Walgreens techs are refusing to do it.

23 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Shut up and dribble or this guy is right because he agrees with me.  Can't have it both ways.

LeBron said the same thing. He doesn't have the right to interfere with people's choices and give an opinion on vax. He was the person Ingraham told to shut up and dribble. I agreed with LeBron too. p.s. I don't care if athletes speak out. If I disagree with them, fine. I disagree with almost this entire board on issues that come up.

1 hour ago, joesaiditstrue said:

Any nurses/doctors wanna weigh in on the recent news regarding the vaccines being improperly administered?  Dr. John Campbell of the UK (he's been interviewed on CNN a few times) says all IM vaccines need to be aspirated to avoid the risk of intravenous injection, which can cause myopericarditis.

Myopericarditis has been in the news more than a few times as a possible (albeit rare, 1 in 121000) reaction to the vaccine.  Initially it was being written off as just an adverse reaction to the vaccine, but now it's being suggested by multiple doctors that this was likely caused by the vaccines not being aspirated to prevent injection into blood vessels.  

Neither of mine were aspirated and many Walgreens techs are refusing to do it.

So many trust issues regarding this virus and vax. Administer it the right way, medical people. Thank you in advance.

• Fire 1

6 hours ago, The Beast said:

The only conservatives I know who are unvaccinated are the MAGA crew and even they aren’t who I would call conservatives at least in the historical sense. 

Do they have a specific reason for not getting 

Edited by The Mighty Mite