Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Chisoxfn

COVID Thread Part Deux

Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, he gone. said:

Bingo. 

 

But there isn’t any control today anyway. You want your kids to go to school - they have to get multiple vaccinations. Same goes for certain jobs. So yes you can choose to home school but the full control has always been limited when it comes to public health. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, he gone. said:

you may want to look into the practices of factory farming and mono farming. it's a good topic to learn about. i subscribe to butcher box, some of the best free range and all natural meat you'll ever have. very good company if anybody is looking for alternatives. 

not sure why you'd be so serious about health and covid, but so flippant about obesity. obesity rates are growing at very high rates and is a very serious issue. Or are you just picking and choosing which health issues are important as it fits to your narrative?

Sounds like we need better regulations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

But there isn’t any control today anyway. You want your kids to go to school - they have to get multiple vaccinations. Same goes for certain jobs. So yes you can choose to home school but the full control has always been limited when it comes to public health. 

And by the way, when you say "today" in this regard...

Quote

 

In 1977, the U.S. federal government set up the Childhood Immunization InitiativeTrusted Source aimed at increasing vaccination rates in children against the seven diseases for which vaccines are routinely given in childhood, including:

  • diphtheria
  • measles
  • mumps
  • pertussis
  • poliomyelitis
  • rubella
  • tetanus

This is when all 50 states widely adopted mandatory school vaccinations.

 

So it's not like vaccine mandates are some new concept. The problem is social media wasn't a thing in 1977. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, he gone. said:

Mature. Unfortunate that you think this way, but is what it is. I spend a lot of time reading, researching, learning and bettering myself on a day to day basis and it's reflected in my overall success, friendships, relationships, and my overall health. 

It's fun to watch this board. It's like Modest Mouse album "good news for those who like bad news". 

Fear porn. fear drives people to do weird things. unfortunately a lot of you are caught up in fear. 

Its funny that the group which is scared of a vaccine would use a term like "fear porn".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's "Good News for People Who LOVE Bad News," come on man!

 

If you want a somewhat optimistic track off their latest album:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Its funny that the group which is scared of a vaccine would use a term like "fear porn".

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

If someone tells you with proof the virus originated in Bulgaria, how does that change anything you have done or will do going forward.  Why does it's point of origination affect whether you will or will not vaccinate 

Because of the "lie" that can be unearthed if this came out of a lab, say in Wuhan. That would mean the reasons reported as how the virus came about were lies (from animals) and when lies are unearthed, all the distrust and anger that I mentioned in my post result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, greg775 said:

Because of the "lie" that can be unearthed if this came out of a lab, say in Wuhan. That would mean the reasons reported as how the virus came about were lies (from animals) and when lies are unearthed, all the distrust and anger that I mentioned in my post result.

Again, how will that change anything going forward?  Ok, China did it.  Now you know.  Now what.

this is like stopping and yelling at Tommy for letting the lions out of their cage when they are running up to eat you both.  Ok Tommy let them out.  Do whatever you can to get safe and then yell at Tommy.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Beast said:

1. Greg, why does it matter where the virus originated? Shouldn’t the focus be more on beating the pandemic rather than poking around the bat versus lab theory? That’ll be investigated and it may never be known.

2. Even if a doctor or health care provider responded to the reactions people had, do you think that would convince them to get the vaccine? 

3. It’s near impossible to have calm discussion on anything from vaccines to policy and I’m not sure what is going to fix that. I don’t think it’s going to get fixed since the volume was turned up and now either human beings discuss things over message boards or Facebook or try and talk about things in person, although most people probably avoid doing so in person.

I think it matters where it originated because if it's in a lab, it points out the place where lies began regarding COVID. A lot of the unvacced don't trust anybody and it starts with the first lie (if there is one re. origin).

2. No, but if politics were never involved maybe doctors and health care providers and scientists who the anti vaccers don't trust (Fauci) might have been more believable. Trump, Biden, Kamala, Fauci all have said some pretty despicable things through the last 2 years.

3. Maybe we need a viable third party in government. There's talk Yang is starting one. Like Bill Maher said last night we talk politics too much (watch his great interview on Kimmel). We're too engrossed with politics now (it started when Trump came on the scene sparking unabashed anger from the Behars of the world and turned into derangement almost) and we need to stop talking politics 24/7 or close to 24/7 when we're not looking into what's happening with our fave sports teams. I really like Maher at times.

Edited by greg775

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I think it matters where it originated because if it's in a lab, it points out the place where lies began regarding COVID. A lot of the unvacced don't trust anybody and it starts with the first lie (if there is one re. origin).

2. No, but if politics were never involved maybe doctors and health care providers and scientists who the anti vaccers don't trust (Fauci) might have been more believable. Trump, Biden, Kamala, Fauci all have said some pretty despicable things through the last 2 years.

3. Maybe we need a viable third party in government. There's talk Yang is starting one. Like Bill Maher said last night we talk politics too much (watch his great interview on Kimmel). We're too engrossed with politics now (it started when Trump came on the scene sparking unabashed anger from the Behars of the world and turned into derangement almost) and we need to stop talking politics 24/7 or close to 24/7 when we're not looking into what's happening with our fave sports teams. I really like Maher at times.

Nah, you would have been pretty successfully manipulated either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Again, how will that change anything going forward?  Ok, China did it.  Now you know.  Now what.

this is like stopping and yelling at Tommy for letting the lions out of their cage when they are running up to eat you both.  Ok Tommy let them out.  Do whatever you can to get safe and then yell at Tommy.  

I am a vaxxer not anti vaxxer, so I'm trying to speak for anti-vaxxers here. If an anti vaxxer finds out it started in a wuhan lab, that would show the anti vaxxers there have been lies from the beginning. It would tell them, "I knew it. I trust none of those liars. This vax could harm me (fill in conspiracy theories)." The first lie would give them ammo that the whole issue is partisan lying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Nah, you would have been pretty successfully manipulated either way.

I would never give an answer to somebody's post that assumes a person's character or what a person is thinking or how a person will act 100 percent of the time. I don't understand why some go this way but whatever.  ... the fact I am vaxxed proves you are wrong. My deductions came to my personal decision that yes I need to be vaxxed. ... From talking to those who will not be vaxxed and listening to others on social media/youtube, TV) I can understand their position.

Edited by greg775

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does this bother anybody else? Yeah let's vote on whether boosters are needed. How bout some unequivocal proof and 100 percent consensus on things once in a while? So if it's 55-45 in favor do we all rush to the front of the line?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fda-covid-booster-shot-vote/

Edited by greg775

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I am a vaxxer not anti vaxxer, so I'm trying to speak for anti-vaxxers here. If an anti vaxxer finds out it started in a wuhan lab, that would show the anti vaxxers there have been lies from the beginning. It would tell them, "I knew it. I trust none of those liars. This vax could harm me (fill in conspiracy theories)." The first lie would give them ammo that the whole issue is partisan lying.

Alright man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

Alright man

You are the one who asked the question and a follow up. I answer questions I get in trouble. Fun. And I am supposed to not respond to this line? "

"Nah, you would have been pretty successfully manipulated either way." OK, I'm done with this topic for today. Enjoy reading posts that agree with your position.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, greg775 said:

You are the one who asked the question and a follow up. I answer questions I get in trouble. Fun. And I am supposed to not respond to this line? "

"Nah, you would have been pretty successfully manipulated either way." OK, I'm done with this topic for today. Enjoy reading posts that agree with your position.

 

You haven't really answered my question at all, I'm not asking again

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StrangeSox said:

Sounds like we need better regulations

The answer to everything. That and 42.

Edited by ptatc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is that funny @greg775?  I have asked you how it will change anything going forward for you if you knew it originated in China and you gave me some gobbledygook answer about how you would tell unvaccinated people that it all started in China.  How does that help you?  You have wanted to blame China for it from the beginning, I don't care if you do or do not.  If you want to lay it at their feet, by all means do so.
 

The question is still there.  If you feel like an honest answer not full of anecdotal crap, please do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

The answer to everything. That and 42.

Bring towels

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I would never give an answer to somebody's post that assumes a person's character or what a person is thinking or how a person will act 100 percent of the time. I don't understand why some go this way but whatever.  ... the fact I am vaxxed proves you are wrong. My deductions came to my personal decision that yes I need to be vaxxed. ... From talking to those who will not be vaxxed and listening to others on social media/youtube, TV) I can understand their position.

Yeah, it's not like you have made hundreds of posts on this topic that would give some insight.  Either that or your posts weren't truthful.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

Why is that funny @greg775?  I have asked you how it will change anything going forward for you if you knew it originated in China and you gave me some gobbledygook answer about how you would tell unvaccinated people that it all started in China.  How does that help you?  You have wanted to blame China for it from the beginning, I don't care if you do or do not.  If you want to lay it at their feet, by all means do so.
 

The question is still there.  If you feel like an honest answer not full of anecdotal crap, please do.

I think he is correct. It has nothing to do with anything going forward but people who distrust the government and other entities will use it as more evidence to distrust "the system" right or wrong. It's all about perception and optics.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ptatc said:

I think he is correct. It has nothing to do with anything going forward but people who distrust the government and other entities will use it as more evidence to distrust "the system" right or wrong. It's all about perception and optics.

It won't change their distrust

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kyyle23 said:

It won't change their distrust

No but it will validate their distrust.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I think he is correct. It has nothing to do with anything going forward but people who distrust the government and other entities will use it as more evidence to distrust "the system" right or wrong. It's all about perception and optics.

So if the Chinese built a military grade viral weapon, and the Trump administration was dumb enough to believe the Chinese had this under control as a natural entity, while the Biden administration was dumb enough to believe the Trump administration, it changes the work that people completely independently of that did on a vaccine?  Why? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ptatc said:

No but it will validate their distrust.

Ok so let's break that down for a second, they don't trust China, who Trump blamed immediately.  Now we know it's from China, now we don't trust Fauci and Biden and the US government, and China.  Ok great so this is validation, correct?  How does this work?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×