COVID Thread Part Deux

Chisoxfn

6 hours ago, The Beast said:

The only conservatives I know who are unvaccinated are the MAGA crew and even they aren’t who I would call conservatives at least in the historical sense. 

Do they have a specific reason for not getting vaccinated?

They don't trust the vaccine.

Ah, the Sunday TV shows ... https://www.cbsnews.com/news/anthony-fauci-christmas-too-soon-to-tell-covid-19-pandemic/

Fauci not sure if families should get together to celebrate Christmas. That's rich. I have a solution. Maybe everybody should bring their Christmas gifts to NBA arenas and open their presents at halftime of NBA games with 20,000 of their closest friends in indoor arenas. Or celebrate Thanksgiving at a football game with 65,000 fans. Or at the next hollywood awards show. Don't need masks there. Can't make this stuff up. They should have asked him about Thanksgiving too. He mighta deemed that off limits for parties since it's a month earlier than Xmas.

Edited by greg775

7 hours ago, joesaiditstrue said:

Any nurses/doctors wanna weigh in on the recent news regarding the vaccines being improperly administered?  Dr. John Campbell of the UK (he's been interviewed on CNN a few times) says all IM vaccines need to be aspirated to avoid the risk of intravenous injection, which can cause myopericarditis.

Myopericarditis has been in the news more than a few times as a possible (albeit rare, 1 in 121000) reaction to the vaccine.  Initially it was being written off as just an adverse reaction to the vaccine, but now it's being suggested by multiple doctors that this was likely caused by the vaccines not being aspirated to prevent injection into blood vessels.  

Neither of mine were aspirated and many Walgreens techs are refusing to do it.

Wait, so you knew that they weren't and you let them stick you anyway?

6 hours ago, greg775 said:

So many trust issues regarding this virus and vax. Administer it the right way, medical people. Thank you in advance.

Wait until you hear about the blood clot risk in birth control pills, you're gonna lose it!

There are not trust issues with the mRNA vaccines unless you're someone who conflates freedom and liberty with maximal self interest. 

On 9/29/2021 at 4:51 PM, raBBit said:

Do you really need this explained?

The polio vaccine effectively rid the world of the virus when mass distribution occurred. Polio was a virus that affected the youth and the healthy.

When mass distribution of the COVID vaccine occurred, we see some countries seeing their highest case rates  of COVID since the start of all this. COVID is a virus that very rarely affects the youth, the healthy, etc. Even when a country surpasses 50%, 2/3 or 75% vaccination rate, cases are skyrocketing to all time highs. This is true with different countries, in different regions, in different climates and with different vaccines (ex. UK, Israel, Malaysia). Look back in this thread when Israel's rollout was happening. I am sure there are posts from StrangeSox and others pointing to Israel as the blueprint for vaccine rollout. Then when the same country's cases skyrocket to all time highs the same people aren't as interested in the vaccine-related developments in Israel or other countries with vaccination rates and high cases rates. They just move the goalposts All vaccines are not created equally. Weak vaccines create mutations of viruses. There was never a delta variant of the polio virus because Salk's polio virus was one of the most incredible scientific creations of all time and effectively eradicated the virus from the earth. 

I never ceased to be amazed by how great of a job you do of showing your ass when you post. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, greg775 said:

Ah, the Sunday TV shows ... https://www.cbsnews.com/news/anthony-fauci-christmas-too-soon-to-tell-covid-19-pandemic/

Fauci not sure if families should get together to celebrate Christmas. That's rich. I have a solution. Maybe everybody should bring their Christmas gifts to NBA arenas and open their presents at halftime of NBA games with 20,000 of their closest friends in indoor arenas. Or celebrate Thanksgiving at a football game with 65,000 fans. Or at the next hollywood awards show. Don't need masks there. Can't make this stuff up. They should have asked him about Thanksgiving too. He mighta deemed that off limits for parties since it's a month earlier than Xmas.

Greg, what are some reasons why holidays might be a bad idea? What is different between a college football game that is outside and a game indoors? What are some rules for entry at NBA stadiums like the United Center?