White Sox at Blue Jays Gamethread, Lynn vs. Manoah, 6:07pm CDT

Greg Hibbard

There's nothing they can do for this year, but for next season, it's imperative to have depth behind TA that's better than Leury and Mendick. 3 straight years with a trip to the IL for a hamstring injury and even when things are going well the Sox like to give him plenty of maintenance days.

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

At this point, he's not just sore anymore. It's an injury.

Must be some kind of injury because I can't imagine Anderson sitting out this long with a little soreness or fatigue. He's the team leader, and he wouldn't let himself sit this long. This is not good.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NWINFan said:

Must be some kind of injury because I can't imagine Anderson sitting out this long with a little soreness or fatigue. He's the team leader, and he wouldn't let himself sit this long. This is not good.

I mean, if he was really hurt, they'd put him on the DL.  He's clearly dealing with something, but I don't really think we need to jump off the ledge. 

That said, its tough to win ballgames without TA, so hope he gets right soon.  

1 minute ago, fathom said:

It’s ironic because Friday was Timmy using his speed as effectively as he has all year.  Sure didn’t look banged up running home twice on infield grounders.

If he said he is banged up and can’t go I think it’s probably true fathom. I cannot see this being a Larussa thing. It is probably more than just tired legs. The guy is the heart of the team I am Sure he doesn’t want to be out 3 games unless something is really bothering him. I just hope it’s not more serious.

10 minutes ago, mqr said:

Would love to see the splits the last couple years with TA out of the lineup, always seems like they’re sleepwalking without him. 

This year Sox are 61-43 (.586) with him in the lineup and 11-10 (.524) with him out of it. 

EDIT DID MATHS WRONG

Edited by Greg Hibbard
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, quickman said:

If he said he is banged up and can’t go I think it’s probably true fathom. I cannot see this being a Larussa thing. It is probably more than just tired legs. The guy is the heart of the team I am Sure he doesn’t want to be out 3 games unless something is really bothering him. I just hope it’s not more serious.

Oh I’m sure he is injured, and at this point just hope he doesn’t go on the IL.  If anything, want him healthy for Cubs and Pirates and Royals as this team needs to rack up wins while Indians play Red Sox.

• Like 2

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic