White Sox at Blue Jays Gamethread, Lynn vs. Manoah, 6:07pm CDT

Greg Hibbard

Just now, The Grinder said:

Not a real good analogy but after what happened to us at the last week of 2020, I'm not worried......or should I be??

If we're only up 5 games going into Cleveland on September 23rd, you should be. Otherwise, no. 

Just now, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

So Grandal and Engel are on track to be back Friday, meaning that the Cubs get to be the first ones to feel the full force of the Sox lineup.

Friday: "Tim has a leg thing still, we're going to give him another week of rest. Luckily we have Danny Mendick here, to fill in at short."

9 minutes ago, chw42 said:

If we're only up 5 games going into Cleveland on September 23rd, you should be. Otherwise, no. 

It would be pretty disappointing if the Sox go to Cleveland not already having clinched. Sox will have 10 games left, and Indians will have 11. So…let’s be at least 2 games better than them between now and then. And when I say at least two, I mean five. 

10 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Friday: "Tim has a leg thing still, we're going to give him another week of rest. Luckily we have Danny Mendick here, to fill in at short."

If he needs it, now is the time to do it. They wouldn't give him this much time off he he wasn't having issues.

Bieber is not coming back any time soon and if he does it will be a couple of games to make certain he is fully healthy for next year.

It would be sad if the Sox offense cannot reach their potential as that is what is making things a little more dull at this time.  This stretch ending next Monday was always going to be a telltale sign.  Thus far it is average, 5-5.  Go 7-7 and it is what it is but after this things are more manageable.

2 off days next week

Off days each of the following two weeks 

Then 14 games in 13 days before 

Then two off days again the last week of the season. 

Get through these four games. 

4 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Yet we still have people posting how worried they are about his future 24m yearly salary, lol

But he's not hitting home runs. Right now he is Madrigal with better defense/ green

7 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Yet we still have people posting how worried they are about his future 24m yearly salary, lol

Somehow, every time he's made an out over this span there have been people clamoring for him to bat 9th until the Sox can find a team to dump his contract on

gotta love it

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic