White Sox at Blue Jays Gamethread, Lynn vs. Manoah, 6:07pm CDT

Greg Hibbard

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

So your position now is that Rick Hahn doesn't make mistakes because his team is good?

Gotcha, Shields >> Tatis. Great take.

Amazing how mad you are at me for disagreeing with a trade that I thought was shit. If your entire defense is Rick made the deal so it can't be wrong then your argument is even worse than I thought.

The Kimbrel defenders on this board are fucking hilarious.

Your right on time. Kimbrel gives up a run and you come running. 

Edited by Baron
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

I think Kimbrel is snakebit. His gave up a soft hit. Struck out 2 including Bichette twice on WP, so his stuff must be fine. That last  WP was crazy wild, it was a Little League run.

His curve to righties has been literally unhittable it seems.  Lefties he’s really struggled with.

9 minutes ago, Tony said:

You have zero idea if this is true. 

Christ you all are fucking children and can't handle a god damn thing. 

He's a reliever. His sample is going to be small. They traded a lot, comparatively, to acquire him. Small samples were going to dictate the trade, and it's been awful.

He hasn't been dominant - he's been bad. He was never going to have a lot of chances to prove his worth because HES A RELIEVER. He had to maximize the chances he did have. Instead he's been shit and if a replacement reliever made the appearances over him the last 9 games the odds are they'd be better.

They're paying him a ton of money and a ton of player capital and he's been trash. I honestly don't know why this offends you.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

His curve to righties has been literally unhittable it seems.  Lefties he’s really struggled with.

Cause his curve to lefties would literally hit them lol. He threw a few knuckle curves in the zone today, so that was good to see, but he's been extremely wild with the curve recently. 

3 minutes ago, KipWellsFan said:

This is not how baseball works. God, people in this gamethread need to give their heads a shake. It's toxic.

Lol, I think they should just pack it up and leave Toronto now and forfeit the last 3 games.  

I get that this game is just another game of a long season but shit I don’t know why everyone thinks they’re just gonna be able to turn it up a notch come playoff time. This team on talent alone should be able to win these games: Abreu, Robert, Eloy, Moncada, Vaughn 5 core players should be able to carry this offense at least that’s what we have been led to believe. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hi8is said:

It really depends on which team shows up. The team in Oakland is a contender for the title. This garbage gets swept.

I don’t think the same team we’re watching will be the team we see in the fall.

The team in Chicago, playing Oakland.  There is a reason why I think home field advantage is a must for this team in the playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He's a reliever. His sample is going to be small. They traded a lot, comparatively, to acquire him.

He hasn't been dominant - he's been bad. He was never going to have a lot of chances to prove his worth because HES A RELIEVER. He had to maximize the chances he did have. Instead he's been shit and if a replacement reliever made the appearances over him the last 9 games the odds are they'd be better.

They're paying him a ton of money and a ton of player capital and he's been trash. I honestly don't know why this offends you.

Thankfully Sox still won the Cubs and Tampa game he blew.  

3 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

These dude continue to waste great starts by the starters, we got Eloy and Robert back (no TA of course) but wtf, 1 run in the last 2 games??? 

Right on. But we also let Vlad drive the first run on a 3-0 count and first base open.  And we keep hitting into double plays, and never adjust with a hit and run. If the home runs don’t come, we lose with old style station to station ball.  

Just now, Rey21 said:

I get that this game is just another game of a long season but shit I don’t know why everyone thinks they’re just gonna be able to turn it up a notch come playoff time. This team on talent alone should be able to win these games: Abreu, Robert, Eloy, Moncada, Vaughn 5 core players should be able to carry this offense at least that’s what we have been led to believe. 

Because baseball is a marathon and there are peaks and valleys. In a week or so, they will be hot again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, reiks12 said:

the best thing that can happen to this team is if the indians go on a complete tear and get really close. Players are acting like they dont give a shit

Was just going to post this. This team has been on cruise control for a long time. They look like a team just waiting for the regular season to be done. Let the Indians get this lead down to 5 or 6 in the next couple weeks and the Sox will have to start getting interested again. 

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

LOL, what's amazing is I've been able to "come running" 6 times in 10 appearances. Amazing that doesn't bother you more than my posts.

More weird Kimbrel stans on this forum.

It's not even that I'm defending Kimbrel. Just amazed you continue to pound your chest in these game threads like we are asking for it. 

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic