White Sox at Blue Jays Gamethread, Lynn vs. Manoah, 6:07pm CDT

Greg Hibbard

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yes, I enjoy losing.

You guys got it tabbed. I high fived my wife when the game was blown. You got me!

No you probably told your wife "Look how right I was in this thread...they all blew me up about my posts now I'm right". Because you can't stop telling us. 

3 minutes ago, Rey21 said:

I get that this game is just another game of a long season but shit I don’t know why everyone thinks they’re just gonna be able to turn it up a notch come playoff time. This team on talent alone should be able to win these games: Abreu, Robert, Eloy, Moncada, Vaughn 5 core players should be able to carry this offense at least that’s what we have been led to believe. 

One of those guys is getting old, one isn't as good as they thought he would be, two are coming back from serious injuries and one is a rookie who is learning at the major league level.

7 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Tony falls to 12-20 .375 in one run ball games.

1. 2020 Chicago White Sox 35-25 .583
  2. 2021 Chicago White Sox 72-54 .571

You pitch to Vlad on an RBI situation in a one run game with first base open does not help, like tonight.  Bad bullpen management does not help.  Failure to hit and run and keep hitting into double plays does not help.  Bad OF and catcher defense does not help.  Amongst others.....

7 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He's a reliever. His sample is going to be small. They traded a lot, comparatively, to acquire him. Small samples were going to dictate the trade, and it's been awful.

He hasn't been dominant - he's been bad. He was never going to have a lot of chances to prove his worth because HES A RELIEVER. He had to maximize the chances he did have. Instead he's been shit and if a replacement reliever made the appearances over him the last 9 games the odds are they'd be better.

They're paying him a ton of money and a ton of player capital and he's been trash. I honestly don't know why this offends you.

Because the Sox have a 9 game lead in the division and he will make his biggest impact, good or bad, in the playoffs. Yes, it would enjoy if he was pitching better right now. I have been disappointed with the outcome thus far. 

But if he has a dominant September and takes that into October, and helps this team win a World Series, I'm not going to call the trade awful....because I'm not an idiot. You've already decided to make that claim, because....well we know why. 

You're a waste of time anyway. 

• Fire 1

Just now, Baron said:

No you probably told your wife "Look how right I was in this thread...they all blew me up about my posts now I'm right". Because you can't stop telling us. 

Pal, I would rather be WRONG about the trade than right.

Just like I admitted and now defend Cesar Hernandez when he receives some hate.

If I feel I'm wrong I'm not only happy to admit it, but excited about it because I like the Sox to be good. Weird how that works. You must miss all my pro-Cesar posts despite me being critical of the trade. Selective reading on your part. Have a nice night, champ.

To me the same spots people kept harping to upgrade are the same spots killing us. A RF and backup catcher continue to be glaring weaknesses and we literally did nothing there because, once again, they fall deep in love with their own AAAA guys thinking it’ll be good enough.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sin city sox fan said:

Part of the problem.woth Kimbrel (and Hendricks) is that they are scared any ball with any amount of movement is not going to be caught.  This catching situation is a disaster but should improve when Grandal comes back (however we have to.keep him healthy or our postseason wont last long)

Because if there’s one thing Grandal is good at, it’s…wait, avoiding wild Pitches and passed balls? Who wrote this script this is all wrong. 

How many White Sox seasons has everyone on this board witnessed where the Sox played great 162 times? The reason they lost tonight was because they scored 1 run. They didn’t score 1 run because they were half assing it. Most of these games have been real close, they just haven’t been getting the big hit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Because the Sox have a 9 game lead in the division and he will make his biggest impact, good or bad, in the playoffs. Yes, it would enjoy if he was pitching better right now. I have been disappointed with the outcome thus far.  

But if he has a dominant September and takes that into October, and helps this team win a World Series, I'm not going to call the trade awful....because I'm not an idiot. You've already decided to make that claim, because....well we know why. 

You're a waste of time anyway. 

If you think the Sox traded 10 years of control of two decent pieces in hopes of Kimbrel ONLY being good in playoff games that might not happen then I don't know what to tell you.

He had to help them get home field and etc in the regular season in addition to post season. Just as Chapman and his 3.5 ERA in the playoffs didn't win the Cubs the World Series, Kimbrel (a reliever) isn't going to be the primary reason this team wins a world series if they do.

Your argument basically means if the Sox get knocked out in the first round that the Kimbrel trade was horrible no matter way, since he didn't even get to pitch well in the games you were counting on him for.

2 minutes ago, Baron said:

And I'm willing to bet almost nobody on here believes that. 

yet, I bring up how wrong I was on Cesar whenever I get a chance lol; in this thread tonight as one example. Weird how that works. Keep selectively quoting and ignoring reality.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

If you think the Sox traded 10 years of control of two decent pieces in hopes of Kimbrel ONLY being good in playoff games that might not happen then I don't know what to tell you.

He had to help them get home field and etc in the regular season in addition to post season. Just as Chapman and his 3.5 ERA in the playoffs didn't win the Cubs the World Series, Kimbrel (a reliever) isn't going to be the primary reason this team wins a world series if they do.

Your argument basically means if the Sox get knocked out in the first round that the Kimbrel trade was horrible no matter way, since he didn't even get to pitch well in the games you were counting on him for.

No he didn't. That's your opinion, and a bad one, which is nothing new. 

Again, you're a waste of time. Luckily, the Front Office agrees with me. 

• Like 1

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

yes, I bring up how wrong I was on Cesar whenever I get a chance lol; in this thread tonight as one example. Weird how that works. Keep selectively quoting and ignoring reality.

Yep uh huh sure. 

3 minutes ago, Baron said:

No one is correct about the final outcome of the trade anyways.  Admittedly it's not looking good to this point but not done yet.

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The fact is Kimbrel could come in with the bases loaded and no one out, strike out the side on 9 pitches, and you would say the hitters bailed him out.  It’s like Harold with Madrigal, you can’t be objective.

I've called Kimbrel the best reliever I've ever seen in my life on this forum.

I've also said he's not that guy anymore and that the two years prior to this one shouldn't be ignored because his command has been wavering for 5 years (not just the last two) and he's no longer that guy anymore. I said he can be dominant in stretches (as he's been for some of this year) but he's volatile like any other good reliever.

With us he's been trash so I've called him such. Not sure what else to tell you.

Poor Sox are scuffling. This year can be called the year of the injury. Whatever the Sox do the rest of the way is gravy. Even Timmy has missed a few games of late, Grandal, the list goes on including all the early-season injuries and Madrigal before he left. ... I still say team has potential to get white-hot in postseason. We shall see. ... I'd love to go 6-0 vs. the Cubs too.

5 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

0-3 in NY

0-4 in Houston 

1-2 in Tampa 

1-2 in Milwaukee

0-1 in Toronto (huge RD on season)

How many losses were caused by questionable TLR decisions?  How many by bad defense? Bad pitching? Lack of hitting with RISP? These are probably the major reasons?.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic