White Sox at Blue Jays Gamethread, Lynn vs. Manoah, 6:07pm CDT

Greg Hibbard

Once again we lose a close one against a top team. Can we win a 7 game series against Houston, Tampa Bay, Oakland, or the Yankees? Doesn’t look that way. I don’t want 40 threads saying it’s because TA DIDN'TPLAY. GOOD OR GREAT TEAMS OVERCOME. Looks like we got the short end of the stick in the Cubs deal, LOL. Kimbrel is not doing what he’s getting paid for. In other threads I’ve mentioned that Kimbrel should got a shot or 2 at the 9th inning just for his confidence. TLR WONT DO IT. IS HE AFRAID OF HURTING LIAMS FEELINGS? Liam is a big boy, he understands the psychology of a closer. Not blaming Sevey on the wild pitch. But he and Jake do allow too many past balls. This team will beat good teams when TA’s legs are better and Grandal is back!! We have not had a complete A TEAM on the field together yet. Our catching will be better,  lead off will return to normal with TA. A HEALTHY TA And Grandal will give us a shot to beat the good teams. The A Team will take us to the promised land unless TLRlets Kuechel start a playoff game. He cost us last year and made us play a bull pen in game three which Renteria fucked up. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

No he didn't. That's your opinion, and a bad one, which is nothing new. 

Again, you're a waste of time. Luckily, the Front Office agrees with me. 

So the Sox traded 5 years of madrigal and 5 years of heuer for games that aren't even close to guaranteed to be played?

This is quite the take. Kimbrel was traded for to only perform in 5-8 games that may never happen. lol

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

Poor Sox are scuffling. This year can be called the year of the injury. Whatever the Sox do the rest of the way is gravy. Even Timmy has missed a few games of late, Grandal, the list goes on including all the early-season injuries and Madrigal before he left. ... I still say team has potential to get white-hot in postseason. We shall see. ... I'd love to go 6-0 vs. the Cubs too.

The excuse train is rolling. 

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

How many losses were caused by questionable TLR decisions?  How many by bad defense? Bad pitching? Lack of hitting with RISP? These are probably the major reasons?.

Biggest reason? INJURIES.

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

The excuse train is rolling. 

You have to admit some of the White Sox players who have been gracing the lineup the past many weeks are very very bad baseball hitters. Hard to survive injuries.

Edited by greg775

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

If you think the Sox traded 10 years of control of two decent pieces in hopes of Kimbrel ONLY being good in playoff games that might not happen then I don't know what to tell you.

He had to help them get home field and etc in the regular season in addition to post season. Just as Chapman and his 3.5 ERA in the playoffs didn't win the Cubs the World Series, Kimbrel (a reliever) isn't going to be the primary reason this team wins a world series if they do.

Your argument basically means if the Sox get knocked out in the first round that the Kimbrel trade was horrible no matter way, since he didn't even get to pitch well in the games you were counting on him for.

So is there a scenario under which you would consider the trade being successful?  

You do realize Greg that other teams have worse injury issues than the Sox now?  Sox have had amazing pitching luck with injuries and are getting healthier now.  Toronto is missing Springer, who was playing out of his mind.  Yankees are killing teams now with half their roster out over the last month.

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

You have to admit some of the White Sox players who have been gracing the lineup the past many weeks are very very bad baseball hitters. Hard to survive injuries.

Tampa had injuries and beat us. Yankees had injuries and Covid and beat us. Houston had injuries and beat us. Verlander, Cole, and Glasnow were all out against us. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

So the Sox traded 5 years of madrigal and 5 years of heuer for games that aren't even close to guaranteed to be played?

This is quite the take. Kimbrel was traded for to only perform in 5-8 games that may never happen. lol

I agree. We already had good relievers.  Our principal need was a good defensive outfielder with power to play RF or a good catcher.  That is where we should have spent our resources not on a reliever in my opinion.

Just now, JoshPR said:

Damn better than these 2 clowns. Other than that who would have been worth it? 

Catchers at the deadline? No one but them walking into the season giving Collins the job was the first mistake. 

Every team has injuries. Look at Atlanta, Look at us, injuries galore and still safely in 1st place and going to win the division. If we have a complete A Team, start only Lance, Gio, Rodon and If necessary Cease and send Kuechel to wash the team bus. The ATeam is the key 

3 losses in a row after 3 wins in a row. Beyond infuriated with this team's leadership. 

If Lynn goes into that clubhouse after this game and doesn't end up punching one of his teammates that gave him fuck all run support for the 8 billionth time this season and robbed him of another win, then he must have the patience of a saint. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yes, if kimbrel was dominant down the stretch and in the playoffs the trade makes plenty of sense for an all in team. 

Yet you've already called the trade "shit" and "awful"

So which is it? 🤡

• Fire 1

Just now, 2Deep said:

What is it going to take to light a fire under this teams ass.......a sweep to the blue jays? In that case I hope the blue jays sweep their asses. 

I say we rebuild immediately. That should do it. 

Just now, Tony said:

Yet you've already called the trade "shit" and "awful"

So which is it? 🤡

Uh, hes given up 6 run in 9.1 innings. Even if he throws 9 scoreless in a row his era is far from dominant for a reliever. Tepera will very likely finish the year with better numbers as a sox than kimbrel..

This is down the stretch pal. They're an average road team and elite home team. Getting home field doesn't mean everything but it matters. Kimbrel has already blown more games than a replacement reliever likely would ROS.

• Love 1

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic