Complain about Kimbrel here:

2Deep

1 minute ago, Colome's Hat said:

Yeah.  It was a seven run lead.  

I’m not just talking about this one game.  It’s the trend since he’s joined us.  

I think Kimbrel is a great pitcher, and there’s a reason he’s a future Hall of Famer.  But the plan the Sox have for him isn’t working as designed.  We are putting him in unfamiliar situations, and quite frankly, embarrassing situations.  

Putting him in tonight, this elite reliever, as some sort of mop up man with a seven run lead against a lowly team like the Cubs is a joke, and we are paying the price for it.  

The team needs to spot him properly.  If the 8th and 9th aren't working, try him in the 10th.  Or maybe he can't be used two days in a row.  Or he shouldn't be used in a non-save situation.  Or after 11 pm.  Or it's time to learn how to throw the knuckleball.  Or the baseball coach at his local high school is going on sabbatical and they need a replacement for 2022.

12 minutes ago, CeaseAndExist said:

His velo is not down. He's struggling with command but why lie about something as easy to verify as velo?

He had a handful of 94 mph tonight.  He was consistently at 97 with the Cubs and now he's only reaching that once in a while.  I saw plenty of 98-99 from him earlier in the year.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

He looked really good in that field of dreams game.  And he got squeezed and was kind of the victim of bad luck in that Rays game.  But he was likely going to work his way out of it until Tony messed up.  He gave up a home run to Aaron Judge.  Judge was on a tear at that moment.  I honestly don't put much stock in this outing.

Hello Craig. Liam also reads this board. 

• Haha 1

Someone in the game thread has posted he had a era of 6 if 2019/2020 were combined. What he did in the first half with the Cubs was unattainable, he’s regressing hard to what he was the two years prior. But according to everyone he’ll be lights out in October! I don’t even want him pitching in the playoffs if he finishes out the year at this rate. 

• Love 1

6 hours ago, Colome's Hat said:

If he doesn't pitch an immaculate inning, he's bad.

To be honest, a lot of times, the outs closers get come on hard hit balls that defense do their thing on.  The base hit was actually a good pitch he made to like the best hitter on the planet at the moment.  I'll take a do nothing base hit against Guerrero anytime of the week.

Yeah dude, he sucks now. He has been awful since coming here. His fastball is just 94-94 (when he throws it for a strike) right down the plate. Wouldn’t even be pitching in the 8th/9th at this point if it wasn’t for his name. 

11 minutes ago, YoYoIsMyHero said:

I don't really care what Kimbrel does up 7 in the 9th in an insanely high scoring game like tonight. Got two quick outs, stumbled for 3 batters, then finished it up with a K. Let's see how he does his next few outings.

Or you can look at his last few outings, which are actual data you can use to predict how he will fare in the future, there's nothing wrong or illogical about wondering if there's something wrong with Kimbrel

his ERA has jumped almost two whole runs (0.49 to 2.16) since the trade, and his ERA for August is 7.15, in 12 outings

if they keep using him where he doesn't succeed then that isn't a problem that will fix itself, you can't keep banging your head against the wall by continuing to use him where he's been a monumental failure, it's fucking stupid

"he was paid to pitch whenever needed!!!!!!!!!"

yeah and what's the solution to him BEING SHIT in non save situations, let's do something different ffs

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jerry McNertney said:

HOF? The only HOF Kimbrel gets elected into is the Huntsville, Alabama HOF. ( His birthplace)

I agree, unless he is able to go somewhere and be a top reliever approaching his Boston peak for 4-7 more years, he may get support primarily because of his JAWS score, and the fact he pitched for four letter network media darling Boston. He won ROY, impressive for a closer, and pitched poorly in his one World Series, though they won. 

RP JAWS

In: Eckersly 49.9; Rivera 42.5; Wilhelm 36.8; Gossage 36.4; Average 32.6; Smith 24.8; Suter 24.2; Hoffman 23.7; Finger 22.2.

Current Comps: 18th Joe Nathan 24.2; 29th Jonathan Papelbon 21.4; 35th Francisco Rodriguez 20.9; 38th Kimbrel 20.4.

Historical Comps: 36th Keith Foulke 20.7;  38th Kimbrel 20.439th Jesse Orasco 20.4; 40th Moe Drabowski 20.3

9 hours ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Yeah dude, he sucks now. He has been awful since coming here. His fastball is just 94-94 (when he throws it for a strike) right down the plate. Wouldn’t even be pitching in the 8th/9th at this point if it wasn’t for his name. 

Clearly you didn't watch Thursday's game.

6 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

Clearly you didn't watch Thursday's game.

I did and I wasn’t impressed. His fastball was once again hit hard by Semian and Vlad. One was an out and the other was a single. Hes got a good breaking pitch, but players are sitting on his fastball.