8/24 White Sox at Blue Jays Gamethread, Cease vs. Berrios, 6:07pm CDT

Capn12

18 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Award this all of the points, literally laughing out loud haha

The post above mine was obviously penned by Beckham. Hence my inquiry directly beneath it.

Then one of the brighter kids pointed out the obvious. I go all Randy Quaid response to that. Now you can't breathe.

My timing was impeccable, but I could probably have read the room better. Oh well, room for improvement.

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Just terrible. LaRussa has lost his mind.

I mean Leury is better than Hernandez at this point. Mendick has to play because Anderson is still hurt. Goodwin is fine since he crushes righties. Not really much you can do here. I'd probably dfa Lamb though thats above TLR.

Just now, Buehrle>Wood said:

I mean Leury is better than Hernandez at this point. Mendick has to play because Anderson is still hurt. Goodwin is fine since he crushes righties. Not really much you can do here. I'd probably dfa Lamb though thats above TLR.

Yep not much that can be done with Grandal and Timmy out. It really stinks they didn’t bring in one more lefty outfielder though.

I get "rest, load management, healthy for the stretch run"...I get that. But to put that 5-9 up against a good team when you still could be in the running for at least one round of homefield advantage is just laughable. Andrew Vaughn should be playing EVERY game that Grandal & Anderson are sitting out. I loved the moves Hahn made at the deadline (including Kimbrel- it's going to work itself out by October), but the move he didn't make - an impact bat - is surely slapping us all in the face nearly every game...and yet they still sit AV 2 games at least a week. I don't understand it.  And Mendick getting a week of starts in late August may quite honestly prove that Hahn blew it this season. 

Edited by EloyJenkins
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Capn12 changed the title to 8/24 White Sox at Blue Jays Gamethread, Cease vs. Berrios, 6:07pm CDT
  • Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic