8/24 White Sox at Blue Jays Gamethread, Cease vs. Berrios, 6:07pm CDT

Capn12

Dylan has been much better at home (.628 OPS, 2.61 ERA, 3.48 K/BB) than away (.727 OPS, 5.86 ERA, 2.92 K/BB) this year.

I foresee calls to demote Cease from the playoff rotation (at least until Dallas’ next start) and pages in the game thread with complaints regarding pitch framing.

Feel better about Tim’s future availability:

https://www.twitter.com/JRFegan/status/1430262449278791689

Tim Anderson described his issue as hamstring tightness. He said he took ground balls yesterday and ran, and will do both again today. He said he wants to be out there, especially with recent losses but is “just being smart. We all know what the ultimate goal is”

Edited by South Side Hit Men

1 hour ago, fathom said:

This is more a lineup that illustrates bad trade deadline roster mgmt than anything else

The only hole in the Sox lineup when healthy is backup C and MAYBE a part-time DH if you're not comfortable platooning some combination of Vaughn/Engel/Eloy covering RF, LF and DH.  

You don't trade valuable assets in year 1 of a multi-year championship window for bench players, especially for what it would cost for a reliable power bat that can play the field when needed.  

I'm frustrated as all hell, too, but injuries aren't Rick Hahn's fault.

ETA: You could say we could've used a second baseman at the deadline, an upgrade over Hernandez, but I'm struggling to find an option outside maybe Kris Bryant, who would have cost the farm.

Edited by mmmmmbeeer

39 minutes ago, pcq said:

Goodwin is a solid .1 war player who rarely makes good contact. I would promote him somewhere out of harm's way. 

Tony has enough sense not to play Lamb in the OF in a meaningful game barring a roster catastrophe. Fear Tony will sit Vaughn / Engel to get Goodwin's strong side platoon bat into playoff games, poor defense be damned.

8 hours ago, Capn12 said:

Enough of this shitty offense, time to get things back on track. Lineups will be posted when they are available, and they will 100% contain TA, willing it to happen!

image.png

Leury is back, thank goodness....at least Hernandez gets a day off. TA, still on the side of milk cartons.

Nonetheless, 5-9 Goodwin, Leury,Lamb, Mendick, and Collins batting back to back is brutal.  And will not even mention their D.   Got to be our one of our worst overall line ups of the season.  I am concerned that we may be getting used to losing.

11 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Tony has enough sense not to play Lamb in the OF in a meaningful game barring a roster catastrophe. Fear Tony will sit Vaughn / Engel to get Goodwin's strong side platoon bat into playoff games, poor defense be damned.

Oh I would be stunned if Goodwin was healthy and wasn't in the game 1 ALDS lineup if it's Greinke or McCullers out there.

1 hour ago, pcq said:

Goodwin is a solid .1 war player who rarely makes good contact. I would promote him somewhere out of harm's way. 

Is he better than Sheets?  Sheets should be brought up. Our bench now is horrible.

Edited by hankchifan

• Capn12 changed the title to 8/24 White Sox at Blue Jays Gamethread, Cease vs. Berrios, 6:07pm CDT
  • Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic