8/24 White Sox at Blue Jays Gamethread, Cease vs. Berrios, 6:07pm CDT

Capn12

10 minutes ago, KipWellsFan said:

I come here everyday for my fix of complete freakouts over the lineup, and you guys never disappoint.

Haven’t their bad lineups the last few months lead to a lot of bad losses?  I know the joke was that bad lineups would lead to a shocking high total of runs, but that hasn’t been true of late.

6 hours ago, Capn12 said:

Enough of this shitty offense, time to get things back on track. Lineups will be posted when they are available, and they will 100% contain TA, willing it to happen!

Sorry you were unable to will Tim into existence.

The only thing I felt was 100% certain was Collins starting after Tony’s temper tantrum last night.

Just now, fathom said:

Haven’t their bad lineups the last few months lead to a lot of bad losses?  I know the joke was that bad lineups would lead to a shocking high total of runs, but that hasn’t been true of late.

But this isn't a badly constructed lineup, unless you have some problem with the order that I have overlooked. You can argue that Vaughn might be marginally better than Lamb even with a righty on the mound, but that's about it. Having Vaughn in our back pocket when Toronto tries to go lefty lefty could be helpful too.

Zavala is super shaky behind the plate (Collins is yikes too admittedly). Hernandez needs a day off. And Tim Anderson is hurt.

I don't think La Russa is the villain here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KipWellsFan said:

But this isn't a badly constructed lineup, unless you have some problem with the order that I have overlooked. You can argue that Vaughn might be marginally better than Lamb even with a righty on the mound, but that's about it. Having Vaughn in our back pocket when Toronto tries to go lefty lefty could be helpful too.

Zavala is super shaky behind the plate (Collins is yikes too admittedly). Hernandez needs a day off. And Tim Anderson is hurt.

This is more a lineup that illustrates bad trade deadline roster mgmt than anything else

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Hernandez needs a day off. Wait, they are giving Hernandez a day off? WTF? Vaughn is horrible with 2 outs and RISP. Why isn’t Vaughn in the line up in a run producing spot?

Exactly. Not a lot of options if you already have Anderson out too. And catcher is a black hole until Yaz comes back. I just don’t want lineups where 2 regulars are out at a time when everyone is back.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KipWellsFan said:

The bigger issue, is that there really is no bench, because we think 14 pitchers are needed on the roster. Well 13, now, but before Leury's activation, it was absurd.

3 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Excited for the AAAA White Sox @ Toronto game tonight 

it’s kind of like a “futures” game, except it’s “pasts” …past prospects…past their prime….

Great analogy , these guys went from a could have been, to a has been without ever being an is

14 minutes ago, fathom said:

This is more a lineup that illustrates bad trade deadline roster mgmt than anything else

If this is what they run out there in october, or they were currently in a dogfight to make the playoffs this would be true. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I wonder how the board would react if we had this lineup everyday.

2nd Hernandez, 3rd Moncada SS Mendick, 1st Vaughn, DH Lamb, CF Goodwin, RF Garcia, LF Zavala trying LF, C Collins. 

Lmao!

Personally, I would wonder what took Tony so long.

• Haha 2

• Capn12 changed the title to 8/24 White Sox at Blue Jays Gamethread, Cease vs. Berrios, 6:07pm CDT
  • Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic