8/24 Games

BamaDoc

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/stats/affiliates?teamId=145&date=08/24/2021

https://www.milb.com/scores/chicago-white-sox/2021-08-24

Vera out after 1 2/3 hopefully not injury related.  Remember DSL pitch counts are inaccurate.  Something close to 4p per walk+ 3p per k + 1p per hit +1p per out not a k.  Played around with box scores and its very close.  Maybe 1p per error or something but it close enough to know you can ignore them.

19 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/stats/affiliates?teamId=145&date=08/24/2021

https://www.milb.com/scores/chicago-white-sox/2021-08-24

Vera out after 1 2/3 hopefully not injury related.  Remember DSL pitch counts are inaccurate.  Something close to 4p per walk+ 3p per k + 1p per hit +1p per out not a k.  Played around with box scores and its very close.  Maybe 1p per error or something but it close enough to know you can ignore them.

He's only been pitching an inning at a time, so this would be his longest outing. Wouldn't be surprised if it is just pitch count. I had thought Hahn's comments were that vera had another shoulder fatigue injury but maybe they were about why he was so delayed.

11 minutes ago, bmags said:

He's only been pitching an inning at a time, so this would be his longest outing. Wouldn't be surprised if it is just pitch count. I had thought Hahn's comments were that vera had another shoulder fatigue injury but maybe they were about why he was so delayed.

Yes it was why he was delayed

• Love 1

This Manuel Guariman fellow is a 17 year old catcher in the DSL and is posting a .404 avg, .483 OBP and .462 SLG in 17 games. 6 BB, 9 SO in 58 PAs. Pretty impressive. I recall Benyamin Bailey putting up similar stats at 17 in the DSL though, so I'll temper my expectations.

Edit: he's a $500,000 signing from Panama. Same place Bailey is from. Those Panamanians know how to take a walk it appears. 

Edited by ron883

9 minutes ago, ron883 said:

This Manuel Guariman fellow is a 17 year old catcher in the DSL and is posting a .404 avg, .483 OBP and .462 SLG in 17 games. 6 BB, 9 SO in 58 PAs. Pretty impressive. I recall Benyamin Bailey putting up similar stats at 17 in the DSL though, so I'll temper my expectations.

Edit: he's a $500,000 signing from Panama. Same place Bailey is from. Those Panamanians know how to take a walk it appears. 

Hitting over .400 with a slugging percentage still in the .400's.  That is an almost impossible amount of singles hitting.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Hitting over .400 with a slugging percentage still in the .400's.  That is an almost impossible amount of singles hitting.

1 double and 1 triples in 17 games, lol. BABIP must be on his side. I'll take it, though. He's barely striking out and is walking enough. Paddy says he has power. Hopefully it develops. 

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

1 double and 1 triples in 17 games, lol. BABIP must be on his side. I'll take it, though. He's barely striking out and is walking enough. Paddy says he has power. Hopefully it develops. 

Him making contact is a large step over most of the rest of the DSL.

3 hours ago, ron883 said:

Guariman is from Venezuela. Still has been solid though 

3 hours ago, ron883 said:

How is he at catching a baseball?